"You and I need less drama in our lives."

-Jack's POV-

"So, what's the plan?"

Mark looked across the kitchen table from me with almost panic in his dark brown eyes. The look didn't suit his face at all. I drummed my fingers on the kitchen table as I thought. Felix was looking like he was really going to talk to Hunter just as soon as he could get up the energy to deal with the sun. I considered hiding his sunglasses, but knowing the massive trunk full of clothes that he brought, I'm sure he would have more than just the one pair.

"Babe, you're scaring me being this quiet."

"Sorry, just thinking really hard. Let's talk through this. Try to look at the most common scenarios."

I glanced back up at Mark and saw him looking back at me, looking even more concerned.

"Felix tells Hunter that he's in love with him," I continued. "What's are the possible options?"

"Hunter breaks up with Felix immediately," Mark said sadly, "and we deal with a broken-hearted Swede crying for at least a few days in our guest bedroom."

I groaned and put my head in my hands.

"Other possible options?" I asked.

"Hunter could be so overwhelmed by Felix's talk of love that he forgets that I even exist and run into his waiting arms. They bang for days and in the meantime, I steal some of the really awesome shirts from his suitcase."

I narrowed my eyes at Mark.

"Babe, try to be serious about this."

"Sorry," he replied, taking a hold of my hand in his. "This entire situation has me rattled. What do we do?"

I sighed again.

"You said that Hunter didn't have a chance to say who it was he had feelings for. Is it possible for you to just get more information before tomorrow? That seems like the most likely time that Hunter would be able to talk to Felix."

Mark looked at me and shook his head.

"I've been texting Hunter since this morning, and he hasn't responded back. I'm pretty sure that he's actively avoiding me."

"Avoiding you," I said, feeling thoughtful, "I wonder why he's doing that? He seemed so wanting to talk to you last night."

Mark shrugged his shoulders.

"I'm not sure. It could be that he realized what he was about to say, and changed his mind about talking to me now. We usually go out jogging together today and I even texted about that, and no answer back at all."

"Do you think he's waiting to say anything to you until after he talks to Felix?"

"That's very possible," Mark replied. "Maybe he wants to see how everything goes with the break up before making his next move."

There was some noises from upstairs, and Mark and I paused our conversation. Some soft footsteps and then a door opened and closed.

"Felix must be finally be getting up," Mark said. "Should we try to talk to him when he comes downstairs?"

"Yes, that's a good idea. We can get an idea of when they are planning to meet up. Maybe we can also find some way to stop him from talking to Hunter. At least until we can find out what Hunter was going to tell you."

There were footsteps down the stairs, and both Mark and I braced for Felix to come into the kitchen. Mark got up and began scooping out a plate of eggs and sausage while I watched the hallway as well as I could from the kitchen table. In a couple of moment though, we heard another door open and close. Both Mark and I looked at each other.