"You should have made popcorn for the show."

-Jack POV-

"Seriously?"

"Bright Eyes, I can explain," he said, looking at me.

I folded my arms. "I'm listening."

He paused, looking at me. I reflected on the fact that I am in love with him, despite him volunteering to have us host a last minute dinner for a total of six people.

How did he even agree to this within the space of the hour and a half that Felix and I had been gone getting some of the oversea packages from the mail office?

"Well?" I asked.

"He put me in a hypnotic trance and I invited him along with Tyler and Ethan for dinner?"

I narrowed my eyes and sighed. "Again with the hypnosis?"

"Is it working this time," he asked, looking hopeful.

"No, it is not."

He wrapped his arms around me and kissed me on the lips. "We can just order pizza. Then you won't have to cook anything."

"No, no. It's fine. At least you gave me a couple days warning. I'll cook something, but it's going to have a fuck ton of cheese in it."

***

-Mark's POV-

The get together was set to start at 8:30pm, and as usual Jack was in the kitchen cooking something that smelled absolutely delicious. I headed over to check after my jog with Chica, her paws incredibly muddy from splashing in a couple of puddles.

Wincing at the mess, I opened the backdoor for her to play outside.

Jack was bending over with his head in the oven, his shapely rear just asking to be pinched.

"You do it, and your a dead man," he said warningly, still checking the food in the oven.

Damn it.

"How did you know that I was coming up behind you?" I asked.

"I could smell you, ya smelly. Please make sure to take a shower before everyone arrives, please?"

"I thought that you liked my muskiness," I said, feigning a hurt look on my face.

"Only during certain activities," he replied, giving me a sly smile.

"Just keep it up you two," we heard a familiar voice say. "This is Septiplier gold."

Both Jack and I turned around to see Felix holding a small video camera aimed straight at us.

"Felix," Jack shouted, "what the actual fuck?"

"And this is the "Septi" in his natural habitat," Felix announced in a hushed voice, as if we were part of a nature documentary, "cooking for a family of 50. This is a small meal tonight. The "Iplier", back from his daily sweat, encourages this behavior from his mate."

I chuckled, and got a punch in the arm from Jack.

"Ow! Come on babe, he does have a point about how much food you -"

Death glare has been activated.

"I'm heading up to my shower," I said, backing away slowly from him. "Fe, no vloging tonight? I don't put it past Jack to poison our food."

Felix put down the camera and frowned. "Fine, but the level of fun at this party is going to suffer without my vlog expertise."

"It's not a party Fe," Jack grumbled as he pushed me out of the kitchen. "And you, into the shower, like yesterday."