"Your version of heaven has seven ways to cook beef."

- Jack's POV -

If I known that getting married would involve having so many opportunities to eat delicious food, I would have demanded marriage after our first night together. Mark chuckled at me with every new piece of meat, side item and vegetable plate that was shown to us to sample. I didn't care about his teasing me.

There was food here. So much food.

The caterer was named Carl Jones, who was an incredibly sweet African American man with a bright smile and a world renowned chef. I was shocked that Felix was able to get us a meeting with him at all. I had three of his cook books sitting on the shelf in the kitchen.

"We have a huge selection of protein dishes," Carl said, "including seven different ways of cooking beef."

My eyes got wide.

"I'm sorry, but could you repeat that last sentence?"

Mark laughed.

Carl smiled and gave me a small menu with picture after picture of beef dishes surrounded by potatoes, or greens or in one instance, smaller sized beef dishes.

"Babe, your almost have a porn smile on your face. Calm down."

I glared at Mark as Carl laughed.

"We can broil, barbeque, grill, pan fry, roast or stir fry whatever cut of beef you both would like," Carl said, his face delighted. "We also have fabulous chicken and vegetable plates too. How many people are you two looking to have at the reception."

"About fifty or so," Mark answered, taking the menu from me and scanning it too. "We are't expecting the RSVPs to start coming in until closer to September, but we wanted to get you locked in as our caterer as soon as possible. On the invites we noted that there would be chicken, beef and veggie options."

"I have all of your cook books," I said, suddenly feeling breathless. "Your London Broil recipe is amazing, and so easy to -"

"His inner fanboy has apparently escaped, Carl," Mark said, hugging my shoulders.

Carl laughed again, and clapped Jack on the back with a strong hand.

"I'm glad that you love my food, Jack," he said kindly. "That's what I love to do. Make people's bellies full and happy."

For the next half hour we sampled different dinner foods, finally deciding on a rich London Broil, a crispy chicken breast and vegetable lasagna. Carl even gave me a signed autograph, and I didn't even care that Mark was shaking his head when I gasped at getting the picture.

After getting the catering taken care of, we headed back home to work. Mark headed upstairs after giving me a kiss, and turning the corner off of the kitchen I headed to my office. Chica was lounging on the bright green shag carpet, and wagged her tail when she saw me.

I sat down next to her on the carpet and snuggled my face into her long yellow fur, and she licked at my face happily.

"Mark makes fun of me for loving food," I said to Chica, enjoying her dopey grin. "But you understand me, don't you girl?"

She flopped over, all four legs in the air for a belly rub, and I took this meaning that yes, she completely understood my point of view. The pup and I were kindred spirits, loving everything on a plate that was given to us and eaten with the attitude that tomorrow would never come. There were days when we both would dive for our meals, searching for every crumb like furry detectives.

"Do you want beef, chicken or vegetables at the reception?" I asked her.

Chica just sniffed at my face and licked me again, my chin and right cheek was completely wet at this point as I giggled.

"You two look like you are having fun," I heard his voice behind me.

He sat down with us on the floor and gave me a hug.  Chica grunted contently at the extra pair of hands rubbing her belly now. He took my hand in his and he kissed me softly on the lips, the sound of Chica's tail softly thumping on the shag carpet underneath us.

"Do you think that we should have gone with chopped steak instead of London Broil?" I asked when we pulled our lips apart.

Mark laughed loudly at me. "Only you would still be thinking of food right after we got back from eating what might as well been a sampler buffet."

"You knew what you were getting into when you asked me to marry you, Mr. Fischbach."

He nodded, and squeezed my hand. "I did, and I'll love every minute of it."