"You've turned the coffee maker against me. This is why I hate mornings."

- Mark's POV -

I was working on editing my latest video when there was a soft knock on the door.

"Just a minute, babe," I muttered as I finished up the last edit, "I'll be with you in just a moment."

"No problem, babe. Whatever you say."

I spun around at the voice, very much realizing that the accent was not the one I was used to calling me 'babe' at all. Hunter was leaning in the doorway, his usual deep dimpled smile in place. He was wearing dark blue jogging pants and a tight fitting white shirt. I gave a short laugh as I motioned him in and he sat down in the chair beside me.

"Sorry I'm late for our run," I said, putting my headphones on. "I'm so far behind in my latest video that I wasn't watching the time. Did Jack let you in?"

"He did," Hunter mentioned as his dazzling green eyes glanced over towards my monitor to see what I was doing. "You really shouldn't let Jackrabbit answer the door before he's had at least two cups of coffee. The look that he gave me when I got here would have killed lesser men."

A smirk fell onto my face as I finished up with the final edit. Jack had insisted on getting up with me this morning, concerned that I wouldn't get up in time to complete my video from the night before. His grumpiness was usually bad if he ever got up before 10:00am, but seeing him drag himself into the shower with me at six this morning was almost too much for even me to deal with today.

"Yeah, he screamed at me about losing his toothbrush for over ten minutes until he realized that he had it in his left pajama pocket. Then he almost threw the coffee maker out of the window when he couldn't figure out how to reset the timer."

Hunter chuckled as he got back up out of the chair, and walked back over to my office door.

"Did you need me to keep the hurricane at bay while you finish up the rest of your work? I'm pretty sure I can figure out some way to help him with the coffee maker."

"No, I'm finally done," I sighed as I saved the last section of video. "Just give me about a minute to get on my sneakers and we can get out of here for our run."

About ten minutes later, Hunter and I were out of the front door, both of us barely missing Jack's renewed anger about the coffee maker overflowing the kitchen counter. I had mentioned that maybe it was because Jack had placed the settings for 16 cups when probably meant it for six, and the glare that he gave me actually made my heart stop for a moment or two.

"Let's try taking a longer run today," I said as we began heading down the road. "At least until he figures out how to fix the coffee maker."

Hunter as usual was running circles around be and I was barely keeping up with his longer strides. In my mind I tried to convince himself that this was only due to his longer legs, but if I was being honest with myself Hunter was built for jogging and I was built for trying to keep up.

"Need a break," he asked as we reached our usual halfway point, and I nodded my head almost comically that I did. He gave me an encouraging pat on the back that made my knees buckle, though I was quick to blame this on a strong wind that clearly wasn't around on such a warm summer's day.

"You're actually doing a lot better at keeping up with me," he said as he helped me back up to my feet.

"Your mouth tells me nothing but lies," I replied back, "But I will embrace them just the same."

There was a small restaurant across from where were were standing, and taking this as a sign to rest for a bit, I suggested that we grab a bite to eat. Hunter mercifully agreed and we headed over to the patio and sat down. The chairs were some of those firm metal ones that were made more for looking quaint then actually being comfortable, but neither my ass or my legs cared. They were just happy to no longer being abused by my morning jog.

Our sever spent most of the first ten minutes trying almost desperately to get Hunter's phone number, and only admitting defeat when Hunter told her that he was already seeing someone. Her face looked like she might never smile again as she headed back to get our drinks and place our foo orders, but the whole situation gave me a perfect in to find out about what how things were going with him and Felix.

"So, speaking of the whole seeing somebody thing," I started, already seeing his green eyes roll in his head. "Was that just to stop that cute blonde from eye fucking you, or did you really mean what you said?"

"You should know by now that I don't lie, Fish," Hunter said with a small glance to make sure that our server Emily wasn't within earshot.

"So does this mean that you and Felix - "

"Phoenix and I were very clear about what happens while he's back in the UK," Hunter said quickly, "But I have absolutely no desire to start up anything new with anyone new. I'm still making some decisions about what I actually want. It's been a real mess, but I think that I'm getting closer to figuring things out."

I gave a short nod, trying to figure out if Hunter was politely asking me to mind my own business. It was certainly coming across that way. He must have noticed my expression, because his handsome face softened a bit.

"I promise you that I had a very long talk with him before I took him to the airport that next day. I'm not used to dealing with so many conflicting emotions like this. It's out of my scope, Fish. It was much easier when I just fucked people."

"Ah, the tortures of being so charming, witty and attractive. Forgive me if my ability to empathize is a little bit weak."

He gave an dramatic sigh as Emily came back with our glasses of orange juice and placed them in front of each of us, with her face still looking softly devastated. Hunter gave her a winning smile and her cheeks turned bright pink as she hurried away to another set of guests behind where we were sat.

"You're as gorgeous as any of the models I've worked with," he chuckled as he took a sip of his juice. "If you ever decided to get into the business, Fish I can definitely get you into a few booking for sure."

I nearly choked on my own drink at this, and shook my head.

"The last thing I need is more on my plate," I said recovering a bit. "But thanks just the same. How about a stretch after we eat, and then I'll try to finally catch up on the run back to the house? Just maybe a slower jog on the way back, so I can try to keep down my breakfast."

"That works for me," he replied, his eyes looking slightly more serious now. "I actually wanted to talk to you about something important on the way back anyway."