"You show me your heart, and I'll make you dinner forever.

-Jack's POV-

"Chica?" I whispered.

She yawned loudly and turned her head towards me, but the rest of her furry body stayed sprayed out in the dog bed in the living room.

"Does the puppy want a meatball?"

That seemed to be the magic words. Chica flipped over on all four paws and headed, tail switching madly, towards the kitchen.

I followed her and seeing Mark tapping away on his phone at the table, I raised an eyebrow menacingly.
His dark eyes glanced up, and recognizing the scowl, smiled weakly and put his phone in his pocket.

"You and I both agreed to just the two of us," I paused, as Chica nuzzled my left hand, "I mean, the three of us only during dinner. Twitter, YouTube and emails can be paused for an hour."

"Sorry, Bright Eyes, I forgot," he said, sounding sheepish.

I smiled and leaning over gave him a kiss on the forehead. "I forgive you, but I can't speak for Chica. She still is waiting for her meatball."

He chuckled as I went over to the saucepan and pulled out the biggest meatball for Chica. She ate it in less than two bites, and then settled down by Mark's legs.

I made two plates of spaghetti and placed sauce and meatballs on top, and placed his on the table and then my own.

"It looks amazing, as always."

"Flattery will get you everywhere," I said slyly.

"That's was the idea," he replied back, squeezing my thigh with his left hand.

I giggled, and took a few bites of dinner before I spoke again.

"Ethan and Tyler said that they would be able to come over tomorrow to help build my new office desk and the couple of book cases that were delivered today."

"That's great. Hunter will be coming by tomorrow morning," Mark said. He paused to look at me closely. "I hope that's ok. He wants to go out jogging again, and then wanted to chat with the two of us about a few new ideas he has for our channels."

I sighed and rolled my eyes. "You don't have to keep checking in with me about hanging out with hot ex boyfriend, Mark. Like I said before, I trust you."

His eyes narrowed slowly. "He's not my ex boyfriend."

"You know what I mean," I said, taking a hold of his hand, and grinning a bit. "I trust and I love you. I'm fine with him being around, and even if I wasn't, his gorgeous face is connected with our sponsor, and -"

"If you weren't ok with it, I would give a damn that he -"

"Mark," I said, my eyes focusing on his face. "I'm just messing with you. What's wrong?"

He sighed, shrugged his shoulders, and looked into my eyes. "I'm not quite sure, honestly. I'm just...really worried about upsetting our relationship with Hunter being around. I mean, he's really fun to joke with, and I hadn't realized how much I've missed chatting with him, but...you're the only one who matters in all of this."

I let go of his hand and shuffled over closer to him. "We both matter in this," I said softly. "I love that you are so worried about my feelings, but please, don't stop having friends. If I start to feel uncomfortable with Hunter, or anything at all, I'll tell you about it. I promise you that."

He smiled and nodded his head. "Ok, as long as you will let me know."

"And you'll let me know if you are uncomfortable with anything too, right?" I asked.

"Yes, of course. Always." he said, as he kissed my cheek.

"Great, so we'll check in with each other about it," I said, shuffling back over to my seat. "You know, like couples in healthy relationships do. Weird concept, huh?"

He laughed, lifting up his glass of water as if in a toast. "To the strangeness of knowing how to communicate with your partner."

I giggled and raised my glass as well. "I'll drink to that," and we clinked our glasses together and continued to eat. "So let finish our food, so I can take you into the shower and bang the hell out of you."

Mark coughed hard on his sip of water, and I patted him on the back. He stared at me.

"What?" I said, smiling broadly. "I'm just communicating to my partner."