"You can always talk to me, no matter what has happened."

-Mark's POV-

His beautiful eyes widened slightly at the name, and then narrowed quickly is confusion and concern.

"Hunter? What? Why?" then seeming to realize so many questions being asked at once, he swallowed and paused. His hand became tighter. "Please, whatever you can tell me, I'm here for you."

I closed my eyes and nodded, my heartbeat fast in my chest and ears. It was like unearthing a long buried memory, the smell of it filling my nostrils with regret and decay.

"We were such good friends," I began. "Once upon at time I could have honestly said that I loved him as much as Wade, or Tyler...or Bob. Then came the first night. It was nice. The hangover was horrible. One of the worse ones I ever had but, we really enjoyed the night, and each other."

I looked up, and he was sitting cross legged, watching me, and listening intently. Not pushing me. Waiting until I wanted to continue.

"He topped me," I continued. "I was fine with it. I didn't know what the hell I was doing anyway. He took charge, and I loved that about him. I...wasn't completely opened about everything with you. We did only have sex twice. Really drunk sex, but we did a lot more sexual things. A whole lot."

I didn't look up at his face this time, afraid of what his expression would silently call me.

Easy? Slutty? Whorish?

"We were crazy and young and reckless back then," I continued. "We would make out in the bathroom stalls during breaks in our courses. Blow jobs in our cars. It was exciting, and sexy. He pushed me to do more and I willingly followed. I trusted him. That was my fault, and I paid for it one day, when I made an incredibly stupid agreement. He bought me a gift of red vibrating underwear. He knew that red was my favorite color. He showed me how it worked and had an idea for some fun. You've probably noticed from the one time when you played with my entrance...I'm really sensitive. It doesn't take much to make me orgasm."

I blushed and chanced another look up into his eyes. He smiled slightly at the remembrance of the night that he fingered me, and nodded.

"We had one of our core engineering classes together. I would wear the underwear and after the class was over, we'd sneak into the teacher's lounge off the hall. The teachers would be gone for about an hour, and fool around, and he would use the remote to...you know."

He nodded again, seeming to understand what I was eluding to that day.

"I agreed to it, though I was somewhat hesitant. Hunter talked me into it. It wasn't hard though. You have seen how he can talk to you. He just knows what to say to make you feel comfortable with so many things. Like you're the most important and attractive person in the world. It's...almost like a drug. At least that's how it felt back then,"

I could feel the day coming back to my mind fully now. I seemed so young back then, and we giggled as we were in class, horny, and desperate for our professor to finish the lesson so that we could get out of there.

"We sat across from each other that day, which was odd. We usually sat next to each other. That should have been a clue that something was off, now that I think about it."

I shook my head. "Anyway, we were about halfway through the lesson, and our teacher asked me to come up to the board and go over some equations. I got up and began to write on the board, and then..."

I couldn't continue. My throat closed up, and I felt like I was going to drown.

"He used the remote, didn't he?" he asked, his hand touching my face.

I nodded, thankful that he said it instead. "The feeling was incredible but...I was in front of all those people, and my professor. It took all I had not to buckle or run out of the room. I ended up...I climaxed right there, in the middle of a fucking equation. No one but him seemed to know it. After I got finished with the the problem on the board I excused myself from the class, and went to the bathroom. I cleaned up and threw the god damned thing in the trash."

"Oh my god, Mark," he said, his eyes were full of tears.

"I just sat in the bathroom and cried for a long time. Once I was able to get a hold of myself I drove back to the apartment."

"What did he say when you saw him again?"

I laughed weakly. "He honestly seemed confused as to why I was so upset. He didn't get why I wouldn't have wanted that. What could be more of a rush then orgasming with people watching? I think after the shouting match and my fist punching through the hallway wall that he realized it a bit more."

"Did you two ever do anything after that?"

"Yes," I said, feeling slutty again. "We had sex one more time. About a month later. All the other sexual contact had stopped before the last time. He occasionally would try something, but he didn't push me for anything. Our friendship was strained, and he apologized that night. He said that he missed me, and I missed him too. The month between the classroom and that night was so rough, and I wanted to forgive him. Trust would never happen again, but I wanted us to be friends, so very much."

"It started out as him apologizing for what has happened, and that time, it really seemed like he understood how much it hurt me. He was in tears, and...I was confused, and missed him. Plus the drinking didn't help."

Jack reached out a hand and rubbed my back as I paused, looking for more courage to continue. His warm touch gave me the gentle nudge to go on.

"We had sex again. It was so fierce and so passionate. It was no where near what happens when we make love, but back then, it was the most intense feelings I ever had with anyone. After we finished, he asked me if we could go out on a date. He said that I deserved to be romanced properly."

My brain was tired of the memory, the smell of it, but I needed to finish.

"I agreed. Honestly I really don't know why I did. Maybe I thought that I might have somehow loved him, or maybe it was the haze of hormones after the sex, but I agreed to the date. My god, Sean, it was so awkward. He really did try to show me that he cared. That he had wanted us to be more, but, like I told you before, there was no spark. Then after he told me after our second date that he...was in love with me, I just panicked. You know the rest after that. I told him it was a distance issue, and then we lost touch after I dropped out of college."

I took another breath, and he was still there. Still holding my hand and rubbing my back. He didn't run or judge me or hate me.

"You were very brave to tell me about that," he said softly. "Thank you for trusting me with something that painful."

"I trust you more than anything, Sean," I said simply. "I guess I just never realized how much that day in class affected how I view control. I need to get better. I want to do so many things with you that need me to get past that day."

"And we will get past it, together," he said, leaning his forehead against mine. "Maybe we can talk to Dr, Barnes? She may be able to help too."

"Yes," I said, "I'm so glad that you're here with me, through all of this."

Another question was hanging in the air, and it seemed that neither one of us wanted to reach up and pluck it from the thickness between us.

Finally feeling brave, mostly because of him, I asked the needed question. "So, what do we do about Hunter, now that all of this is known?"

Jack sighed, and kissed my lips before answering the question.

"It is up to you in the end, but if you are able to, I think that we don't let something that he did destroy our lives anymore. We give him another chance. It was years ago, and he may have changed."

Jack was right. He was always right.

"You miss him as a friend, and you're in a different place now. You aren't a confused 20 year old kid anymore. Besides, he is connected with both of us professionally as well."

"I am able to do that," I said. "Talking about it has made me feel like we can be friends again. I really think that we can try."

"Then let's try?" Jack asked, a smile finally appearing on his lips again.

"Yes, I think so," I said, and I felt my own familiar smile return as well.