"You never told me that he was that hot!"

-Jack's POV-

"Good morning," said the calm feminine voice from the intercom. "How may I help you?"

I pressed and held the black button on the call box outside of the office. "Mr. Fischbach and Mr. McLoughlin to see Mr. Spencer please?

We heard a loud buzz and I pulled open the door. The familiar red and gold furniture was in the large spacious sitting area. The blonde receptionist greeted Mark and I warmly, and asked if we would like a drink. We both politely declined and she pointed to a large red sofa for us to sit while we waited. Mark adjusted him tie, looking nervous.

"You look great," I said to him as we sat down. "Just relax. Mr. Spencer is really serious but just as long as you answer his questions and don't make direct eye contact, you'll be fine."

"Right," Mark said, his voice sounding slightly more high pitched than usual. This was always a sigh of his nerves. I took hold of his left hand with my right, and I squeezed it gently.

"Worse case if he starts to scare you too much, just make a noise like a zebra, I'll hit him over the head with a chair, and we run off with the wall safe in his office. There enough money in there to start our new life of crime."

Mark chuckled, and leaning over, gave me a kiss. "Thanks, I needed that laugh."

We sat in silence for a moment, and then Mark leaned back over to me again.

"What sound does a zebra make, anyway?" he whispered.

"I have no fucking idea," looking back at him, thoughfully.

"Mr. Spencer will see you now," said the receptionist, walking back over to us, and pointing to a large door to the left.

We both thanked her and got up off of the couch. We both took a final moment to look at each other. Mark's dark grey suit fit him perfectly, with splash of color with a red and grey striped tie. I adjusted my collar and looked up.

"Is my hair still behaving?" I asked.

"Yeah, you look great," he said, nerves clearly in his throat. "How about me?"

"You still look amazing," I whispered, trying not to laugh at the fact that I already told him this minutes before. "Oh, the things that I would do to you on this couch."

He smiled, held out his hand and I took it. "Hold me steady until we get to the door?" he asked. "I'm fairly certain I may faint before we clear this room."

I smiled and nodded as we walked towards the large wooden door. "We face the vulture on three?"

He took a deep and steady breath. "Yes, that works for me."

We unlaced our fingers, I took hold of the brass handled doorknob, and I looked back at him.

"One...two...three," and then I turned the handle, and we both walked inside.

The room hit both of of us with the loud sounds of classical music. It was very pleasant, but unexpected. I saw Mr. Spencer first, who was sitting at his over large desk, his elbows resting comfortably on the surface of the deck, eyes closed and the fingertips of his large hands touching each other. He made no indication that he knew that Mark and I were in the room. I looked back at Mark, who had entered the office only a few seconds after me, and his face matched my puzzled feeling almost perfectly.

We continued into the room, after Mark pulled the door close. I watched as his dark chocolate eyes took in the grand scale of Mr. Spencer's office. My descriptions of how massive the entire place was really could only do so much. You had to see it to fully appreciate it. The walk took a long time, and even though we were not trying to be quiet heading to his desk, and the music was not incredibly loud, I was concerned that Mr. Spencer would be startled by us very soon. He was still sitting so still, his eyes closed.