"You'll be glad you stayed upstairs. The awkwardness was epic."

Start from the beginning

"Either way," Mark replied, running his fingers through his hair, "We better keep an eye on the two of them, just to make sure things stay civil."

***

-Mark's POV-

I could tell from the looks on both Tyler and Ethan as I went back down the stairs that they had not been having the most comfortable of talks while the rest of us had been upstairs. Tyler's jaw looked incredibly tense and his arms were crossed. Ethan's face slightly red and a very firm frown was on his face.

"So, are you guys doing ok?" I asked, trying to keep the tone of my voice casual.

"Oh, we're fine," said Ethan's voice, somewhat strained, but still able to push his lips into a small smile.

Tyler just grunted. His eyes looking back over to the staircase every so often, as if he was waiting for the moment when Hunter would be coming back down.

I grabbed Tyler by the arm and pulled him closer the kitchen. "Ty," I said slowly, forcing his gaze away from the stairs. "Before you go into "Tyler Kill Mode", just listen to me for a second, ok?"

"Did you see the way he was looking at Ethan?" Tyler asked, his eyes slightly terrifying. "Like he was going to throw him over his shoulder and fuck him in the back of his...wait, what kind of cars do douche bags drive?"

"Rolls-Royces usually, but that really isn't the point." I said, trying to keep Tyler from going to jail on assault charges. "Hunter is not going to try anything with Ethan."

"How are you suppose to know that?" he asked, looking at me with fire in his eyes. "He got into your pants."

"It was way more complicated than that, Ty," I said, feeling slightly hurt by what he said. "You should at least trust Ethan, if not my judgement."

Mentioning Ethan seemed to calm him down a bit, and his face softened. "You're right," he said. "I won't punch him. His chiseled jaw would break my hand anyway."

I sighed in relief.

"But," he continued, "I trust Ethan, not him."

"Well, at least I won't be needing to mop blood off of the floor. At least not today."

There was an echo of footsteps on stairs, and then a familiar gasp.

Tyler's eyes became wary again.

"Ty," I whispered. "He works for our sponsor. Please be cordial."

We walked back and rounded the corner to the dining room area. Tyler seemed to be taking my begging to heart, and didn't lunge towards them. Hunter was leaning casually on the wall nearest the stairs, with Ethan standing next to him. Ethan's voice was light pitched and fluttery, and his cheeks a bright red color.

He was looking positively doe eyed at Hunter, his face seeming to take in every part of Hunter's work out clothing. Light blue shirt, white jogging shorts and light blue and white sneakers.

"You sound like you would be great on the channel," I heard Hunter saying to Ethan, as Tyler and I approached them. Hunter looked over to us and stood up straight and smiled brightly.

"Ethan was just telling me about how he's been helping both you and Jack on your channels, Mark," he said. "Been doing a lot for you two, by the sound of it."

Ethan's face was completely red at this point.

"Yes, he has been a great asset to the two of us," I said, looking back at Ethan fondly.

"Yes, I can tell," Hunter replied. "Took a bit of time to get him to admit to that. Your boyfriend is a humble little roo, isn't he Tiger?"

"Tiger?" asked Tyler, his frown back in place.

"Hunter gave you a nickname, Tyler," said Ethan looking positively beside himself with glee. "Isn't it great?"

I tried my best not to smile too much at the look of pure conflict on every part of Tyler's face. He hated the nickname, as it was obvious to tell, but his coldness was melting away by the happy glow in Ethan's eyes.

Seeming to weigh the "pros" and "cons" quickly, Tyler's mouth made I think was supposed to be a smile, but looked more like severe constipation.

"Yes, it's great," he said stiffly.

"Glad you like it Tiger," Hunter said loudly, slapping his hand on a Tyler's back and giving him a hug.  Tyler looked mutinous, but just sighed at the squeaky cuteness of Ethan watching them hug.

"Ready to head out, Fish?" Hunter asked, looking back at me.

"Absolutely," I said, giving a final glance over to Tyler and Ethan. Ethan smile was so big at this point I was fairly certain that he would start to float off the ground with all his delight. Tyler was grimacing like he was just told that he would never eat solid food ever again.

We'll be back in about an hour," I said as we left through the door. I would make a point of texting Jack to make sure the house was still standing by the time that we returned.