"You needed a song as amazing as your smile."

(A/N: The above song is "I Got You" by Jack Johnson, and is meant to be listened to during this chapter. In my opinion it is best to listen to the song during the <> indicators of the chapter, or to read the chapter in full, and then listen to the song while following along with the lyrics)

-Jack's POV-

Crash!

Shit!

I swiveled around the kitchen, ears listening in for any movements from upstairs. Silence. I exhaled deeply, picked up the dropped mixing bowl, and placed it quietly into the sink.

It was hard enough sneaking out of the bed this morning without waking him up. He had hearing that could rival Chica sometimes, but damn it I was going to surprise him today if it killed me.

I checked the clock.

7:15am.

If he usually got up at 8:30am that gave me just enough time to finish everything and get the table set up before he got to the kitchen.

I zipped over to the table and grabbed another bowl and started putting in the sugar and and bittersweet chocolate. The cake was finally cool enough to place the icing on and then, I would be done.

<>

There was music and whistling echoing from the staircase and moving towards me in the kitchen. I sighed. How in the world did he get up before I was ready for him? 

Sigh.

I moved the cake as quickly as I could to the refrigerator. Then leaning against the counter, I waited for the love of my life to turn the corner, guitar in hand, to apparently serenade me.

"Back when all my little goals seemed so important,
Every pot of gold fill and full of distortion.
Heaven was a place still in space not in motion,
But soon..."

How can he look so perfect this damn early?

"I got you.
I got everything.
I've got you.
I don't need nothing.
More than you.
I got everything.
I've got you."

"We went walking through the hills,
Tryin' to pretend that we both know.
Maybe if we save up.
We can build a little home.
But then the hail storm came and yelled.
"You need to let go, you've got no control. No."

"I got you.
I got everything.
I've got you.
I don't need nothing
More than you.
I got everything.
I've got you."

"This weight's too much alone,
Some days I can't hold it at all.
You take it on for me,
When tomorrow's too much,
I'll carry it all.
I've got you."

"And when tomorrow's too much,
I'll carry it all.
I got you."

"I got you.
I got everything.
I've got you.
I don't need nothing
More than you.
I got everything.
I've got you."

He grabbed me by the hand as he whistled the last few cords as I sat at the kitchen table. When the song finished he looked up at me, and smiled.

"Happy 1 year anniversary, Bright Eyes," he whispered.

I smiled and shook my head.

He looked at me, slightly puzzled.

"Didn't you like the song?" he asked, his chocolate colored eyes slightly wide.

"I loved the song," I said standing up and walking over to the fridge. "You just got your surprise out first, you goober!"

I pulled out the three layer chocolate cake and placed it on the counter.

He stared at it in amazement. "Aww, Sean," he said leaning his guitar against the wall and coming over to look at the cake more properly. "It's just...the most beautifully fattening thing I have ever seen in my life."

"No it's not," I said, leaning over and giving him a kiss. "I still have a whole two layers of frosting to put on it." I grabbed a large spoon off the counter and waved it at him. "Once I'm done with this cake it will have so much sugar it could stop an elephant's heart!"

He laughed, and gave me a kiss on the forehead. "To be murdered by chocolate," he said happily, "Just what I wanted for my anniversary."

"It was either this or death by a 1000 orgasms," I said, winking at him. "I only could guarantee 943. So you get cake instead."

His raised an eyebrow at me.

"Actually," I said, rolling my eyes. "I'm still a bit mad at you for ruining my surprise, and I did notice that "pot of gold" line in the song, so you'll only get 941 orgasms today."

"You're a monster," he said dramatically.

We both laughed and our lips met again, our engagement ring necklaces hitting our chests as we pressed in tightly to each other.

I giggled at my own thoughts as our lips and tongues created new places to explore in our deepening kiss.

Death by chocolate cake sounds absolutely delicious to me.