The Shallows || Haikyuu Captains (+ Daishou)

Start from the beginning

"Should have brought a Go Pro." She says to herself but shrugs later, glad to be enjoying the beach.

She looks around then something catches her attention; there is something floating way further and she's itching to know what it is. Birds are flying around it, though.

The wind picks up strong and the current gets wild. Before she could turn back to get Daichi, her board swims further from shore and she is sure she wouldn't be able to touch ground. The water is clear and she could see sharp rocks underneath her.

"Cool..." she exhales.

"Bokuto, can you grab (f/n)'s polaroid?" Kuroo asks.

"Sure thing," he crawls to where her polaroid is laid and holds it, a single film catches his attention. He takes a look at it and grin. "This photo is rad." He comments, handing the polaroid to Kuroo and showing the photo to the guys.

Each of them looks at it until it lands in Daishou's hands. His eyes squints at the photo for the smaller detail and it widens. "Fuck." He curses before getting up to retrieve the girl back. The others watch him confused until they look at the film again.

Boy, their eyes are wide like light bulbs.

"(f/n)! Come back to shore now!" Daishou calls, worry masking the tone of his deep voice.

She hears calling and turns back to see the guys waving. She waves back. "You guys should come here! The water is cold!"

"Idiot! Come back now!" Unusually, Bokuto demands. "There's a shark in that water!"

She didn't hear that. "What??? Repeat that!"

"Dude. Don't scare her or she'll freeze in fear!" Daichi scolds Bokuto and calmly calls, "W-We're starting barbeque without you! Come and get some before we finish it!" His voice becomes louder and (f/n) shows them the middle finger before she pedals herself back to shore. The others watch anxiously.

The water becomes still and their nightmares comes true.

The predator merges from the water infront of (f/n), surprising her causing her to fall into the water as she screams.

"(F/N)!!!"

"Shit! I'm going in!" Daichi says.

Kuroo hold him back. "Hell no! You're going to kill yourself!" He turns to Terushima who freezes. "Yuuji! Call for the ambulance!"

"W-Wait why do we need an ambulance?!" Futakuchi panics.

Kuroo couldn't help but say, "She is going to get hurt. Badly."

"(f/n)-chan!!" Oikawa calls, catching their attention.

The girl resurface from the water and starts crying. She yells in pain as she's surrounds herself with blood. Her blood.

"Help is not coming sooner! I have to save her!" Daichi cries at Kuroo.

"Swim back, (f/n)!" Futakuchi yells through his hands to make his voice louder. "Guys, we have to distract the shark!"

"I got this," Ushijima sounds determined and runs back to the cooler box, taking out pork meat and jogs to the rocks by the huge current.

(f/n) has no choice but to try swimming to the nearest rock right in the middle of the beach and struggles to get on it. She lets out strangled cries and looks down at the wound on her thigh. The open-wound is huge and she couldn't treat it except removing her swim suit, tying it around her thigh to stop the blood flow. If she swims back with her wound open, the shark would definitely eat her up.

Ushijima gets to the water and puts the pork meat in the water, the blood oozing out of it. He's scared for (f/n) but he'll do anything to bring the shark towards him so (f/n) can swim back. He watches as the shark approaches him and he throws the meat as far as possible from where (f/n) is.

"(f/n)! Swim back now!" The guys yell for her and she struggles to get up. Her vision is unclear but anything to get back on shore. As her thigh touches the water, she screams in agony and swims as fast as she can. The shark seems to smell her blood from where it is and swim towards her. Their eyes widen. "Swim faster, (f/n)!"

She was almost there but she's losing a lot of blood. Ushijima returns and gets into the water to retrieve the girl. He swims fast towards her. But the shark is nearing them. Ushijima looks into her eyes. "(f/n), I need you to hold your breath for me. We're going under. Okay?" he assures her and she nods, wrapping her arms around his bare torso. They take in deep breaths before swimming below. The shark follows, his fin not showing anymore which worries the guys.

They swim towards the sharp rocks and the animal follows them, swimming faster. As they reach the sharp end, they move out of the way, the shark opens its mouth and the sharp rock impales through it. The shark dies immediately, much to Ushijima's relief. He holds his injured friend and surfaces the water. He swims back to shore as the guys run towards them, Daichi and Bokuto helping (f/n) while the others helps Ushijima.

(f/n) cries when the pain hits her and they run to her aid, flinching at the open wound. The shark got her good but not enough to kill her.

"It's okay, you're safe." Kuroo hugs her, trying to calm her down.

Her breathing didn't calm down though and keeps crying- no, she's full on sobbing at the pain and is glad she's safe instead of being eaten by a shark. Anything but that.

~*~

A month later and their new semester begins. Everyone just finish their classes and hangs out by the field, smelling the fresh air but it gets colder by the minute.

"It feels like yesterday that we started our semester break." Bokuto yawns, stretching his arms.

"My assignments have already started and it's only our first day!" Terushima whines, earning feign sorry looks from the guys.

"Hey guys.." Daishou approach the group and sighs. Then he notices their girl-friend isn't around. "Where's (f/n)?"

Daichi sighs. "She's in therapy session but is getting better than last week. It was only 3 weeks ago she got..." he stops himself when his friends look sad. "I could've saved her but..."

"If you did, you'll get hurt, too. (f/n) would scold you." Kuroo monotones.

"She didn't even cry for our help, at all. If we weren't around, she'd be stuck on that rock or she ends up dead. Thanks to Wakatoshi's idea, it stalled that beast from attacking her again." Futakuchi says.

"So, when can we see her again?" Bokuto asks quietly.

"I don't kn-"

"Guys!" Oikawa's voice can be heard as he approaches his friends. "(f/n)-chan called, saying she's having a recovery party at her parent's place this weekend."

"R-Really? Seriously, that girl..." Daichi groans.

"But it's an hour flight to Miyagi." (Let's assume it's that long, k?)

"Who cares? At least I get to see (f/n) again." Terushima says, the others agreeing to visit their best friend after one month of recovery.

***

That's the end of it.

I watched The Shallows many times and was inspired. I'm sorry if it seems rushing.

Blake Lively is my idol, that's why I liked to watch the movie.