The Shallows || Haikyuu Captains (+ Daishou)

Start from the beginning

As much as Daishou and Kuroo hated each other before, it didn't stop them from talking to each other and actually laugh about something. The others are just joking around, drinking sodas and setting up their barbeque set while (f/n) enjoys the water, taking aesthetic photos of the beach. She sends some to her cousins and they got jealous she gets to relax at the beach while they are suffering with their assignments.

"(f/n)-chan, what are you doing? Come eat!" Kuroo calls.

"One moment!" She calls back.

She takes one last photo of the beach before running back to the guys. "Sorry, I was so into the view I couldn't move," that made the guys chuckle. Terushima tosses her Cola.

"The waves look strong. Perfect for surfing." Bokuto comments.

"I'm going in." Ushijima announces, grabbing his surf board.

The guys watch him as if he has two heads. "You just ate!" The man already run towards the water, earning sighs from everyone. "He's a monster even in water.."

"Oi, Wakatoshi! Don't have all the fun without me!" Kuroo calls as he grabs his own board and joins Ushijima, following by Oikawa and Bokuto.

"You guys!" (f/n) whines just as she's about to eat. "Man.. Boys are stupid."

"After 1 hour, they'll come back. Cramps will begin in-" Daishou got interrupted by Bokuto's yells;

"CRAMPS!"

Daishou laughs while the girl shakes her head. Daichi gets up and pats his swimming trunks before grabbing his board. "I'm gonna get myself wet then you'll join. Don't eat too much or you'll end up like Mr. Smarty Pants there." He refers to Bokuto who is enjoying the waves right now.

She nods her head munching away her apple. Daishou puts on his sunglasses and lies on his back, getting a tan. "Not gonna swim, Sugu?"

"Nah... I come here to get a tan, actually. I've been looking pale." He answers, not looking at her.

She shrugs and finishes her apple. Standing up, she removes her t-shirt, leaving her in bikinis. She takes a long sleeved top swimsuit and put it on. She does her stretching before she joins Daichi in the water.

~*~

"I'm going to fall."

"No, you won't. I'm right here, literally holding your hand." Daichi chuckles while the other guys sit on their board watching their girl-friend learning how to board.

"You guys are such show-offs." She mumbles, referring to them just sitting on their board. In water.

"It's called skill, bruh." Bokuto sticks out his tongue.

"You can do it, (f/n)-chan." Oikawa cheers, clapping his hands.

Daishou, who just finished tanning, watches from shore and eating fruits. Next to him is Ushijima sleeping away.

Feeling determined, (f/n) slowly stands up on the board with the support of Daichi. The board moves a bit making her freeze but she tries again and her legs straighten. When she stands more than a minute, she smiles proudly.

"I did it!" she cheers along with the guys.

"Here comes the waves. You're on your own, (f/n)." Daichi lets go of her hand and the waves brings her back to shore but she fails to stay balanced and falls into the water. She comes back to the surface and laughs.

She repeats doing it without Daichi and stays near the shore. Not that (f/n) can't swim but she's never swam further than the shore. The guys returns to the beach and just relax while (f/n) lies on the board, feeling the water.