Chapter 39: Isobel Bitch

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

"You guys are so lucky I came today." Allison said, walking into Mr. Saltzman's classroom after leaving Bonnie and Caroline because of a phone call. She then looked around at the three people in the room, and frowned. "What's with the faces?"

"Sorry I'm late." Damon walks in, before glancing between everyone. "What's with all the furrowed brows?"

"That's what I'd like to know." Allison muttered, avoiding Damon's gaze because of their last encounter, which was her lying about the phone call with Caroline and him seeing straight through it. 

Alaric sighs, "I saw Isobel last night."

"Isobel? Like, the Isobel?" Allison's eyes widened, and upon getting nods, she then added. "Why is she here?"

"Did you ask her about uncle John?" Damon asks, "Are they working together?"

Alaric shakes his head, "No."

"No, they're not?" Damon questions, but Alaric shakes his head. "No, I didn't ask."

"Well, what about the invention?" He asks, but Ric shakes his head, causing Damon to give him a look. "Didn't ask? Does she know about the tomb vampires?"

Ric shakes his head. "I don't know."

"Did words completely escape you?" Damon takes a step closer to the teacher, but then Allison grabbed his arm, speaking in warning tone. "Damon." She pulled him back as Ric glared, "I was a little too distracted by my dead vampire wife to ask any questions."

"What does she want?" Allison asked in a softer tone than Damon had been asking, and Ric just looks over at Elena, who answered. "She wants to see me."

"Alaric is suppose to arrange a meeting. We don't know why or what she wants." Stefan speaks up, causing Allison to turn on her sister, shaking her head. "Hell no. That isn't even an option." But look at their expressions, the youngest there looked at the guys for help. "Right?"

"She's threatening to go on a killing spree." Alaric states, and Damon glances at the others. "Oh, I take it that's not okay with you guys."

Allison sent him a glare, but then Elena speaks up. "I want to do it. I wanna meet her. If I don't, I know I'll regret it."

✘ ✘ ✘

Allison set down a water in front of her sister, who was suppose to meet Isobel at the Grill, which was perfect since Allison had to work. The young brunette sat across from Elena, "I'm staying here until I know you are safe. You know the sister signal for me to come in and save you."

Elena laughs, using her finger to scratch the side of her nose. "I do this and come over, spilling something on me." Elena's signal was scratching the side of her nose, while Allison's was to scratch her top lips with her thumb.