Chapter 3: The Caring Moments

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

"Stefan, we really need to talk." Allison spoke as she finally found him, ignoring Damon as she looked towards the younger Salvatore. "It's about Caroline."

"He's got strength." Damon observed, causing Allison to look where he was watching, only to see Tyler winning every arm wrestle. Stefan turned towards Allison, "What about her?"

But Allison just glared at Damon, feeling the need to defend her best friend. "He's a triple varsity athlete. Of course he's got strength."

"Whose next?" Tyler looks around with a smug laugh, and Damon quickly raises Allison's hand. "Alli wants to go."

"What the hell are you doing?" Allison hissed at Damon, yanking her arm down and away from him. He turns to her, whispering. "Your banshee strength should beat his human strength. Come on, humor me."

Rolling her eyes, Allison stepped up to the table and looked at Tyler, who was smiling. "No hard feelings?"

"Yep." Allison forced a smile as the two got their arms into position, taking each other's hands tightly.

The bell dings and they struggle.

Allison was confused, if Damon was right then she should've already won. And you could tell by both their faces that they were struggling.

People began cheering from the crowd, but Allison ignored them as she realized that her and Tyler were both using most of their strength. She looked up into Tyler's surprised eyes, before glancing over to Damon, who was watching them carefully. The brunette turning back to the arm wrestling, before frowning. You know what, she wasn't gonna humor Damon. She definitely wasn't sure who was gonna win this, but she stopped trying, causing her hand to hit the table hard.

Standing up, Allison ignored the crowd around her as she looked to Damon, who narrowed his eyes on her, knowing that she gave up. But then his eyes moved back to Tyler as she rolled her eyes and left the room, looking for Bonnie or Elena.

Roaming around the school, Allison gripped her phone in one hand, for some reason nervous. Where was everyone? She also didn't realize that her feet were taking her elsewhere, until she found herself in the parking lot.

Mason jumped over a car, weirdly animal like, as he then jumps over the guy. But that's when Allison spotted Tyler on the ground, and she sprinted over to him, wondering what the hell had happened. She kneeled down next to him, checking to make sure he was alright, before she looked up as Mason looked towards them. Her eyes widened and a gasp left her lips, as Tyler looked at him shocked. "Your eyes."

Mason stands up, his eyes turning normal as he then turns and punches the guy to the ground. Allison helped Tyler to his feet as Mason then glances around, gesturing towards his nephew. "Come on."

Allison furrowed her eyebrows, becoming even more confused when Mason met her eyes. Somehow she knew what he was, and she knew that he knew what she was. Tyler looked between the two, confused at their non-verbal conversation, before Allison turned to Tyler as she took a couple steps back. "Go."