Chapter 22: Uncontrollable Mark

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

Allison hadn't realized how much later it was until she heard someone enter the house, meaning school was already over. Shit. The brunette quickly got up and grabbed her bag, before leaving her room and looking down the steps, waiting til Elena and Bonnie went into the living room before she tried to make a break for the door. 

But right before she was able to even open the door, someone spoke up. "Allison, stop."

The brunette cursed under her breath, before forcing a smile as she turned to face Elena and Bonnie. "Hi, guys.

"Why have you been avoiding us?" Bonnie questioned, and Allison shrugged as she walked over to the living room, lying through her teeth. "What? I have not been."

"Lie." Elena muttered, and Allison glared at her, opening her mouth to snap a snarky comment back, but then the doorbell rang. The younger brunette moved out of the way from her sister, who had moved to answer the door, but then Bonnie's voice caught her attention. "What's that?"

"What what?" Allison sighed, turning and looking at Bonnie, who moved and grabbed her arm. Allison's eyes widened, the symbol was back. What the hell? Bonnie then stepped back in shock. "Allison Gilbert, did you get a tattoo and not tell anyone?"

"No." Allison barely whispered as she looked down at it in confusion. But then she looked up as Elena stepped back inside, causing Allison to quickly rush out of the house and too Stefan. "Wait!"

Stefan turned around confused, but before he even spoke, Allison showed him her arm. "What the hell is this?"

He visibly sighed. "Come on."

"Where?" She asked, moving to get into his passenger side just as he gets into the driver's seat. "To talk to my brother."

When they got to the Grill, Allison and Stefan moved over to where Damon was sat at the bar. Stefan sat on one side of Damon as Allison sat on the other side, Stefan speaking. "So, Stefan, you know I've been thinking... I think we should start over. Give this brother thing another chance. We used to do it oh-so-well once upon a time."

"Huh?" Allison looked between them confused, as Damon looked towards Stefan. "I don't, Damon. I can't trust you to be a nice guy, you kill everybody and you're so mean. You're so mean- ugh, you're really hard to imitate and then I'd have to go to that lesser place."

Stefan orders a coffee while Allison took the glass from Damon's hands and drink it, realizing that he drinks bourbon. He looks at me amused, "Excuse you, little banshee."

"What?" She asked bitterly, setting the glass down. "You mark me. I get your alcohol. It's only fair."

Damon just raised an eyebrow before taking the glass back, getting a refill, which Allison took and downed in one swing. She set the glass down, giving him a sarcastic smile. "Thanks."

"So, what's go your screams in a twist?" Damon turned towards her, causing Allison to glare at him. Really dude? You really wanna go that? She then rolled her eyes, lifting her sleeve up again and showed him the mark now on her arm. "Any idea in your thick skull as to what this is?"

"Huh.." Damon ignored the insult, examining it. "You're starting to lose more control. Guess your personality didn't cut it."

"What are you talking about?" Allison snapped in a hushed voice, and Damon smirked. "That mark is the first sign that your hunter is coming out. Uncontrolled."

"What happens if it comes out uncontrolled?" She questioned, "And how the hell do I get rid of this mark?"

"You can't get rid of it. It's permanent. And if your hunter side comes out completely and uncontrolled, then the Allison we know and love will be gone." He mused, and Stefan looks over at the brunette in worry, asking his brother. "Gone, how?"

"Her personality and everything that makes her Alli, will be gone, and what will be left is an uncontrollable-supernatural-killing machine with no..." He seemed to choose his words carefully, a smile playing at his lips. "Remorse." Damon then takes a swing of his bourbon, before looking between the two. "Oh, and I'm sorry, I'm gonna have to take the blame for this. When I bit-slash-marked you, it might've activated it."

Allison's gaze snapped back at him in shock, before anger set in. "So, you marked me knowing what would happen?" He just smirked, causing her to go to slap him but Damon caught her wrist. "I wouldn't do that, my little pet."

Just the amused look on his face made her blood boil. Allison moved quickly, twisting her wrist out of his grip before turning quickly and elbowing him hard in the gut. He grunts, clutching his gut, it being more affective since he'd been on animal blood all day due to Stefan. Allison glared at him, getting close to his face as she bitterly hissed out. "I'm not your anything."

And with that, she stormed out of the Grill... already knowing she had to walk home since she wasn't about to wait for Stefan.

✘ ✘ ✘

Allison walked into her house with a sigh, but then the relief of being home disappeared when she heard Caroline's voice. "You threw it away?!"

Confused, Allison walked into the kitchen, hearing Bonnie speaking. "I know it sounds crazy, but the necklace was giving me nightmares. I had to get rid of it." The young brunette walked over to the counter, where the three other girls were. Caroline exclaiming, "You could have just given it back."

"Why, so you could give it to Damon?" Elena bitterly asks the blonde, causing Allison to let out a long and dramatic breath, getting all of their attentions. "Okay... so I've obviously missed a lot."

"Yeah, miss MIA." Caroline smiles as she moved and wrapped the smaller girl in a quick hug, before turning back to the others. "And screw Damon. Are we doing manicures or what? Who has their kits?"

"Mine's in my bag." Bonnie said with a nod, and as Caroline went to go grab it, Allison turned back towards the other two. "I really need to talk to you, both of you."

Bonnie gave her a look, "About?"

Allison sighed, glancing between her and Elena, and showing them the new mark on her arm. "This."

"Why are you such a little liar, Bonnie?" Caroline snapped bitterly, causing them all to turn around as Elena exclaimed in shock, "Caroline!" While Bonnie looked upset and confused, "What?"

But then the blonde held up the very necklace they had been arguing about barely three minutes ago. Allison glanced over to Bonnie and Elena, already getting a really off vibe about the piece of jewelry. And just with the looks the other two shared, she knew it wasn't good.