Chapter 2: Brownie Points

✘ ✘ ✘

✘ ✘ ✘

After a couple hours, Allison finally got off her shift at the Grill, so she headed into the back to change out of the black shirt, which was the uniform for the bar and grill, before grabbing her things to meet the girls in the front. When she headed back to the front, she immediately walked over, seeing Bonnie and Caroline. She had caught a bit of the conversion, as Bonnie looked at the blonde. "You got all of that in one day?"

"Oh, please. I got all that between 3rd and 4th period." Caroline shrugged, and Allison gave her a look. "Okay, please tell me you're not already stalking the poor new kid."

She rolled her eyes, but smiled. "We're planning a June wedding."

The blonde then waves at someone and leaves the too, causing Alli to glance at Bonnie. "You know, I suddenly feel bad for Stefan."

Bonnie let out a breath in agreement, before the two then made their way over to Matt and Jacob. As they sat down, Jacob let out a relieved breath, leaning towards Allison and lowering his voice so Matt couldn't hear. "Thank god. He won't stop talking about Elena."

"Really?" Allison whispered with a sigh, earning a nod, so she then glanced over towards Matt, who looked at Bonnie. "How's Elena doing?"

"Their parents died. How do you think?" Bonnie whispered to Matt, as Allison took a couple of Jacob's fries, pretending she wasn't listening. "She's putting on a good face, but it's only been a few months."

"Has she said anything about me?" Matt finally asks, and Allison looked towards him, shaking her head with her mouth full. "Oh, no." She swallowed the food before continuing. "We're not getting in the middle. You pick up the phone and call her."

Jacob dramatically nods, "Which is what I've been telling him."

"I feel weird calling her. She broke up with me." Matt admits, but when Allison opened her mouth to tell him to stop being a baby and just call, Bonnie already knew and beat her to it, simply saying. "Give it more time."

But that slightly backfired when Matt looked behind the two, leaning back a bit bitterly. "More time, huh?" The two girls and Jacob, looking over to see Elena walking in with Stefan. Allison slightly cringed, but when Matt stood up, she quickly warned him. "Be nice, Matty."

The boy simply ignored her, and Allison then glanced towards Bonnie. "We really need to have a chat with my sister."

Then the younger brunette turned back and reached for some more fries only to have Jacob swat her hand away. Allison gave him a look, and he shook his head. "These are mine."

"What happened to sharing is caring?" Allison quipped with a raised eyebrow, before going to get more. "I'm hungry."

Jacob swatted her hand away once again. "Then get your own."

Allison just stuck out her bottom lip, giving him the pouty face, which she'd been doing since the two were kids. Jacob resisted for a moment, before giving in, rolling his eyes as he moved the plate towards her. "Fine."