Chapter 17: The Toying Witch

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

After not being able to get any sleep, just tossing and turning and not being able to help but think about all that's happened, Allison eventually just gave up. She carefully got out of the bed, making sure not to wake up Damon, before she grabbed a change of clothes and went into the bathroom. The brunette changed into some jeans and a long sleeve, before heading downstairs and pulling on her shoes.

The girl then headed outside and to her Jeep while digging through her purse, before pulling out her keys. She unlocked the vehicle and got it, shoving her purse and jacket into the passenger seat as she got into the driver's seat, starting the car a bit hesitantly because she didn't want to wake anybody up. She just wanted to take a break, and the only thing she thought of that could do that, was just to drive in the middle of the night to try to clear her head.

But when she pulled out of the driveway, that's when the girl finally registered a car parked at the end of the street... and she remembered seeing it there for the passed few days.

Allison drove passed the vehicle, managing to try and get a look in the vehicle to see if it was empty or not, but didn't actually see. With a breath though, the girl rolled her eyes at herself while muttering under her breath. "I'm way too paranoid right now."

She brushed a hand through her hair and drove.

It wasn't until she drove passed town limits and on a backroad did the Jeep begin making weird noises, causing Allison to groan. "No, no, no, don't do this." The noises got worse, causing Allison to pull off to the side of the road and turn the vehicle off. She waited a couple moments before trying to turn the car back on, but it just rumbled and made worse noises, before seeming like it died.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me." Allison groaned while leaning back in her seat and hitting her hand on the steering wheel. She then turned to look in her back seat, grabbing her flashlight before pressing the button to pop the hood, then she climbed out of the vehicle. Allison walked over and pushed the hood up, before shining the flashlight inside the engine.

She tried to look for what was wrong with it, but once again, Matt was always the one who worked on the Jeep.

Hearing a car drive near her and pull up, Allison glanced over, her eyes narrowing to try to see who it was as they asked. "Need help?"

When she saw that it was Dean, the girl forced a smile, "Oh, uh..." She hesitated, glancing at her vehicle, before looking back at him. "Do you know anything about cars?"

Dean chuckled while getting out of his car, "I know a bit."

"Okay, then have at it." She nodded and handed him the flashlight, allowing him to look at the engine. He began working on it while asking, "So, what are you doing out here so late?"

Allison shrugged, wrapping her arms around herself. "I just... needed to clear my head."

Dean glanced up at her, "Rough day?" Although, he kind of knew, after witnessing a few things.