Chapter 31: Talks With Rosetta

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

Feeling a warm breeze, Allison opened her eyes but quickly closed them due to the bright sunlight. She slowly sat up while blinking a couple times to get used to the light, before deciding to finally look around. The young brunette was in a meadow. A very familiar meadow. It was the same one that Allison's subconscious had thought was a safe place along with Allison's treehouse in the woods.

Allison put a hand to her neck, not feeling anything there, which confused her. The girl's body also felt numb, but didn't ache like before. The brunette stood up slowly as she looked around confused, knowing something wasn't right. She looked back down at the outfit she was wearing, which was the same one she was in for the sacrifice, and Allison felt tears sting her eyes as she look shaky breaths. "Am I dead?"

"Not yet, hun." At the voice, Allison whirled around, only to freeze when she saw someone that she could never forget. It took a moment for Allison to actually find her voice, "R- Rosetta?"

"Yeah." Rosetta smile, tears in her eyes as she walked closer to the girl. "Allison, it's me."

"But you're dead." Allison said, but then registered something and shook her head. "You said not yet. What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that you've got a choice." Rosetta said softly, her smile falling. "You got a choice to be with me, or be with your family."

"But... you are my family." Allison said shakily, but Rosetta shakes her head, a sad smile on her lips as she takes her daughter's hand. "I will always be your mother, but I am to your family." There was a list breeze as she said. "Your family needs you."

Allison looked around, seeing that they were now in the Mystic Falls graveyard, near where her parents were buried. And that's also when she realized that there were three new graves. She then looked around at the group that was there wearing black, and the girl frowned. Elena, Jeremy, Caroline, Damon, Stefan, Bonnie, Alaric, and even Scott.

Allison watched them from the distance as Elena places down two roses, then moved over to their parents' grave, placing two more down. Allison walked over to them, and looked down, seeing that the three new graves belonged to Jenna and John, and herself. But seeing Elena crying, Allison wanted desperately to comfort her, but she couldn't.

"I can't do this." Allison whispered, turning back to Rosetta with tears in her eyes. "What am I supposed to do?"

"Als, you know what to do." She reassured the girl, but Allison shook her head. "No, I don't. I don't know what to do. And if I've got a choice... then that means..." Allison felt a tear rolled down her cheek, and Rosetta nods with a sorrowful look. "That means Niklaus is alive, yes."

"So, everything we did- it was all for nothing." Allison put a shaky hand to her mouth, her lips trembling. "Jenna is dead. It's my fault."

"It is not your fault." Rosetta quickly said, placing a gentle hand on her daughter's cheek, wiping away the stray tears. "You were saving your friends. You were saving your family. Klaus would've killed Jenna either way. There was nothing you could've done."