Chapter 29: I Promise

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

"Damon, I'm sorry." Allison spoke into her phone, still aching. After the entire spell, she had been unconscious and needed the rest as Caroline left and Bonnie watched over her. Nearly three hours later though, she was walking over to the doors of the Grill, but before she could go inside, he spoke again. "Just come on, little banshee. We've got to go rescue a vampire and werewolf."

"What?" Allison furrowed her eyebrows, turning around to see Damon's car pull up. Hang up the phone and shoving it into her back pocket, Allison got into the passenger seat of Damon's vehicle, while he doesn't even look at her while answering. "Klaus has Tyler and Caroline. He's gonna use them for the sacrifice."

"What?!" Allison exclaims, but he just tosses her something. "Just in case." Looking down, Allison turned the dagger over in her hand, before looking up when he adds. "He's keeping them in the tomb."

Allison frowned at the fact he hadn't even looked over to her, and the fact this his voice sounded a bit cold. "Damon, I'm sorry." He doesn't say anything, so she turns back forward with a sigh, putting the dagger in her belt.

By the time they got to the tomb grounds, it was already getting dark quickly. Damon tells Allison to hide, and that when he'd give the signal, she could go down. She nodded and listened as he walked forward, only to stop when one of Klaus' witches come out. "Which one are you trying to save? The blonde or the wolf?" He then smirked, "Did you really think Klaus would leave them unprotected?"

"Wishful thinking." Damon shrugs, then slams the witch to the ground, choking him. Allison went to run to the opening, but then froze when the witch uses his magic to fling Damon away. The witch then keeps Damon on the ground, and Allison honestly found it kind of weird that she couldn't feel when he was hurt. It didn't affect her... well, didn't affect her physically.

Allison ran forward, catching the witch off guard and punches him. She then elbows him in the jaw, before kicking her leg out, knocking the witch to the ground. But he seemed to recover quickly than she thought, and he lifted his hand up, causing a searing headache to cause Allison to grunt in pain as she gritted her head. He then got to his feet while throwing a punch that caused her to stumble backwards while it split her lip, the blood trailing down her chin, before he then kneed her in the stomach, which caused her to stumble away and fall to the ground.

She looked up wide eyed, unsure of what he was going to do next, but then she jumped when a gunshot echoed through the woods and the witch fell down dead at the girl's feet. Allison backed up a bit, before getting to her feet slowly as she looked over, her eyes widening in shock. "Matt?"

Damon is finally able to get up as he looks over, giving Matt a look. "What are you doing here?"

"Where's Caroline?" Matt demands, walking towards Damon with the gun still up, and causing Damon to roll his eyes. "Listen, man, not a good time to play hero."