Chapter 15: I Am Not A Vampire

✘ ✘ ✘

✘ ✘ ✘

When Stefan got to the boarding house, he was instantly hit with the smell of blood once he walked through the front door, which had been wide open. He followed the smell hesitantly, but once he saw the familiar brunette on the ground in a pool of her own blood, he quickly dropped to his knees next to her. "Alli, can you hear me?"

No response. He pulled the girl onto his lap, checking for a pulse, before lifting his arm up and biting his wrist. He then brought it to the unconscious girl's lips, making her swallow his blood. Stefan waited a moment, knowing it'd take a bit, but then he tried again. "Allison? Alli, please wake up."

There was still nothing... at first. But then a pained noise left the girl's lips as she squeezed her eyes shut, and relief instantly hit Stefan. "Oh thank god."

Allison was hit with an almost aching feeling throughout her body as a headache hit her, but she pushed past it and looked up. At first everything was just blurry, but then she blinked a couple times and furrowed her eyebrows. "Stefan?" Suddenly the confusion turned to fear as she remembered what had happened, causing her to shoot up as she looked at Stefan wide-eyed. "He- he attacked me. There- there was- and- Zach, he- he- and glass- Damon bit me- he-"

Stefan quickly pulled the girl into a hug, knowing she was clearly in shock. "Hey, hey, it's okay. He's gone now. You safe." Allison let him hug her, as her mind spun and her body continued to shake uncontrollably. The two sat there for a moment, before Stefan finally pulled back and carefully helped her to her feet, before checking her shoulder. But that's when Allison realized that her shoulder was completely healed, and she finally tasted the sweet-bitter metallic taste in her mouth. "Wait- how is that possible? There- there was a piece of glass- and Damon-"

"It's one of the perks of being a vampire. Our blood has the ability to heal. I gave you some of my blood, so any injury you had is healed, but you've still got to be careful because they're still healing." Stefan explains, and Allison slowly nods, but then her eyes widened and she felt tears fill them. "Oh my god- I'm so sorry. I- I wasn't here in time."

"Allison, take a deep breath." Stefan took her by the shoulders, since she was on the verge of another panic. "What are you talking about?"

Allison felt her lip quiver, as she shook her head. "Damon killed Zach."

"What?" He breathes out and Allison nodded towards the steps, before following him as he then ran down the steps to where Zach's body was. The brunette covered her mouth with a shaky hand, as Stefan kneels down and puts Zach's head in his lap, shaking his head for his fallen family. They stayed in silence until Stefan's jaw clenched, and he lays Zach back on the ground, before standing up with a determined look in his eyes. "That's it."

"What are you doing?" Allison quickly asked as she followed him him the steps, where he then goes grabs a pointy stick, and she realized it was a stake. Stefan walked past her, "I'm going after Damon. He's hurt too many people- he's killed too many. I'm going to kill him."