Chapter 4: Missing Campers

✘ ✘ ✘

✘ ✘ ✘

Screaming herself awake wasn't something new for Allison. Ever since her parents' death, it happened at least three times a week. So, when it happened again, and Elena rushed into the the room first, Allison ended up squeezing her eyes closed tightly as she just tried to will the dreams away, shaking in fear. Elena quickly went to her sister's side, "Alli? What is it?"

Allison tried to ignore the headache she got as she looked to her sister, shaking her head. "It- it was just a bad dream." But she wasn't even sure how much she believed that. It had just felt so real. But what she did hate, was making a big deal out of it. 

But then their Aunt Jenna ran into the room in pajamas and with her hair up in a messy bun. "Is everything okay? Is someone hurt?"

"Just my ego." Allison mumbled, before sighing as she looked towards her aunt. "It was just a bad dream."

Elena looked to the older woman. "I've got this."

Jenna nods, before walking over to Allison, giving her a hug and kiss on the forehead before heading back to bed. The younger sister looked over as Elena sat on the bed. "Listen, E, it's fine. I'm fine. Just- you can just go back to bed."

Elena just shakes her head, turning the lamp on. "What was it this time?"

Allison just shook her head, not wanting to explain it. And also not wanting to be given the look that Elena was already giving her. The older brunette just sighed when Allison didn't say anything. "Alright, I get it, you don't want to talk about it. But, Alli, you really need to. Maybe... maybe you should go see a therapist or counselor."

"No. No, I'm fine." Allison quickly shook her head, but Elena just gave her a look. "I'm starting to worry about you, Alli."

"Well, don't." Allison snapped, shaking her head and adding. "They're just dreams. It's all just in my head. They're not real."

"Allison..." Elena once again tried to talk her into at least telling someone, but it wasn't working. After about another hour, the older sibling finally just went back to bed. 

Allison tried to go back to sleep, but she just couldn't. So, she ended up turning her lamp back on as she pulled the journal out from under her mattress. The journal she had wasn't like Elena's diary. It was just where Allison wrote down any bad dreams she had, in an attempt to tell herself that they weren't real. She didn't like Elena's idea at all, so this was the closest thing to a therapy session she was going to get.

She began writing about the bad dream. It had been about a couple who went camping to see the comet. But something had attacked them. Something had attacked the guy first, so when the girl came out of the tent, she realized that the dripping sound on the tent wasn't rain, but blood. She had looked up, seeing her boyfriend dead in a tree, causing a scream to rip through her throat as she ran for her car, but it was locked. Then, whatever had killed him, got her.