Chapter 11: Threatening The Psychotic Vampire

✘ ✘ ✘

✘ ✘ ✘

With a deep breath, Allison got out of her jeep and ran a hand over her dark blue dress. She put her keys and phone in her purse before shutting the car door and heading up to the Lockwood mansion. Seeing the huge crowd at the doors, she couldn't help the smile while she shook her head. Being Tyler's best friend, she knew how to get in and out without having to go through the huge line and crowd. So, she made her way around the house and to the back glass doors.

"Alli?" Tyler's voice caused the girl to look up and smile. "Hey, Ty."

"I knew you were going to hide from my mom." He chuckles, coming over to her to give her a quick hug, and Allison just rolled her eyes. "Well, last time I saw her I was kinda drunk."

"Kinda?" He raised an amused eyebrow, causing her to point at him. "Watch it, Lockwood. You were drunk too."

"Yes, but not as bad as you." He points out with a chuckle, causing Allison to hit his arm, but then Tyler grabs his arm and fakes hurt. "Damn, Alli, when did you get muscle?"

Allison's smile drops, her mind instantly going to the whole supernatural hunter thing, but realizing that Tyler had noticed, she quickly forced a smile. "So, who's your date?"

"You offering?" Tyler jokes while raising his eyebrows, but then he caught a glimpse of his watch. "Actually, I've gotta go get her."

"Wow, Prince Charming, almost forgot your date. Classy." Allison teased, causing him to stick his tongue out at her while she did the same, looking like little kids. Tyler then leaves to go get Vicki, allowing Allison to head over to a little side table to stick her purse in, knowing that no one would go through it and knowing that she wouldn't lose it. 

With that, she heads over to where everyone was, only to grab a glass of the champagne from a waiter's tray.

"Is that really a good idea?"

Allison smiled as she turned to Bonnie, who held out her hand for the glass, causing Allison to pout as she handed it over. But when Bonnie turned to set the glass down, Allison had turned and grabbed another one, downing it all in one swing. She placed the glass back on his tray before turning to Bonnie, who was giving her a look. "Really?"

Allison sighed, giving her friend a look. "I love you for trying to look out for me, but you can't really expect me to be here without having at least one drink."

"Alli, you do realize that with you, it's never just one drink." Bonnie gave her a look, and Allison held back an eyeroll. "Bon, I promise, I'm fine. I've got this, and if it makes you feel better, I won't have anything else to drink. Okay?"

Bonnie watched her carefully, before nodding. "Okay." But a part of her didn't believe the younger girl.

Allison smiled at her, but then her eyes met Damon's from across the room, causing a chill to run down her spine as her smile instantly dropped. Damon smirked at the hazel eyed girl, raising a hand to wave at her almost tauntingly. Which caused Allison to quickly look away as her heart rate got faster, only to see Bonnie was gone, but then her eyes landed on Stefan and Elena, who had headed into another room. 

The hazel eyed brunette quickly made her way over to the room, walking over to the two just as Elena was telling Mrs. Lockwood that she couldn't find the locket. Allison completely forgot about Damon, walking over to Elena with a smile before giving her a hug. "You know Jeremy's gonna appreciate that, right?"

"Yeah." She gives her younger sister a small smile as she pulled back. Allison then gave Stefan a small smile and nod, before walking over to say 'hi' to Jacob.

✘ ✘ ✘

A bit later, and after being cornered in so many unwanted conversation, Allison had finally found a room that not many people were in. But just as she was about to sigh in relief, it stopped when she saw Elena and Damon together, but Stefan wasn't there. Suddenly, a sense of protectiveness washed over her, causing her to quickly walk over to the two. "Hey, guys, whatcha talking about?"

"Oh, I was just apologizing to Elena here." Damon explains, and Allison raised an eyebrow. "Oh, about being here?"

"Allison!" Elena hissed with a lecturing tone about being rude, but the smaller brunette just ignored it and continued glaring at Damon, especially when she noticed how he only seemed amused by that. "It's okay, Elena. I think Alli just puts up a wall of attitude towards be because she had trouble letting people in."

"You wish." Allison scoffed with an eyeroll. "In reality, I just don't like you- in fact, I despise you. So, Elena, let's go see Stefan." She then hooked arms with her sister, and they were so close to making it out the door, before Elena stopped because Damon had mentioned something about Katherine, which was apparently the brothers' ex.

Elena walks back towards him, asking something, and because Allison was not about to leave her sister alone with a psychotic vampire, she followed. The hazel eyed girl had slightly ignored the conversation, only tuning back in when Elena gives him a look. "Look, I'm sorry you and Stefan have this thing between you, but I can't get in the middle of that, Damon. I just... I hope you two can work it out."

"I hope so too." Damon nods, looking down almost in regret... but Allison saw straight through his act. She actually had to keep herself from laughing, not sure if she was in fact scared or impressed by how good he was at lying. 

Elena gives him a smile before leaving, and Allison stayed put. She waited till her sister was gone, before turning towards the raven haired vampire, sarcastically clapping. "Provo, blood-sucker. Did you take acting classes in the years you've been alive, because you were spot on."

Damon just gave her a sarcastic smirk, before in an instant, he had a hand on her waist and one on her arm, suddenly slammed her into the wall. Allison's heart began pounding harder in her chest, finally realizing that they were the last two people in the room, but she wasn't about to give him the satisfaction of knowing how scared she really was. So, the girl kept her jaw clenched and glared at him as he spoke lowly. "Look, little banshee, you have no idea what you're dealing with."

"Actually, I do." She hardened her glare, "I don't care if your some psychotic vampire that's a little too obsessed with himself, but you will stay away from my sister."

She honestly wasn't sure where the confidence came from, but she kept up her demeanor, even when Damon's body got closer to her's, as he then leaned over to whisper in her left year. "Get in my way again, little hunter, and I won't hesitate for a second before breaking that pretty little neck of yours."

"I'm not scared of you." She snapped back in a hushed voice, since his face was still inches from her's. Damon looked over her, almost intrigued by the girl in front of him, as if he was still trying to put together the pieces that he's been doing since the first time he laid eyes on her. But then he pulled back a bit more, smirking. "I guess your just upset for losing both sets of parents. Not much of a hunter, are you?"

Allison couldn't even hide the shock, as she managed to whisper out. "What?"

Now Damon's smile widened, knowing he had finally gotten to her. "Oh, Stefan didn't tell you? Huh, not much of a friend, is he. Maybe you should think twice about trusting him again, then ask about Rosetta."

And with that, Damon let go of her and left the room, but not without a second glance at her. Allison's back was still pressed against the wall, her mind racing. She recognized that name, but where? What did Stefan know? Two sets of parents?

Her eyes widened, her heart stopping for a second as realization hit. "Am I adopted?"

(Hey guys, thanks for reading. Please comment what you think of the book so far and I don't really know who Alli should be with but I do have an idea but that would also mean we'd have to wait for season two so you can guess who. But if you do have a suggestion than comment and tell me. Love you guys)