Chapter 26: Infected Tattoo?

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

"Thank you." Caroline smiled at Allison and Elena, who had given her a new necklace, which actually had vervain in it but the blonde didn't know that. "And it'll go with everything. What's the occasion?"

"Nothing." Allison shrugged, her and Elena sitting down at a table, and Elena smiled. "It's just a little friend gift."

"Lesbian friend necklace 'cause we're kinky like that." Caroline jokes and Allison smiled with a wink, "You know it." The three laughed as she sits down next to Allison, while Elena was across from them.

"Your friendship is important to me." Elena states as they all began pulling out their lunches and eating. Caroline gives her a look, "Why are you being all mushy?"

"Because you've been avoiding me." Elena cuts to the chase. "And I wanted you to know that whatever is going on between you and Matt is okay."

"I was gonna talk to you about that. I was, but there was not much to say. We hung out a couple times, that's it, but I just feel like we've peaked as friends." Caroline says, before shaking her head. "This is weird, I shouldn't be talking about this. It's weird, right?"

Allison chuckled, shaking her head as Elena smiles. "It's a little weird, but if it's what you and Matt want, then it's not about me."

"But it's all about you. Matt isn't over you and we all know it." Caroline adds, but Elena just shrugs. "I'm with Stefan now and Matt understands that. He knows he has to move on."

The subject dropped after that, although Allison did give Caroline a reassuring smile, knowing that Elena probably didn't understand.

✘ ✘ ✘

Allison put on the red crop top after doing her makeup for the dance that night. She then pulled on the black and white polka-dotted skirt that went down to her calves, and put on the red five- inch heels. And after putting her hair up in tight high ponytail with the ends curled, she topped the outfit off with a white scarf thing around her neck. The young girl then looked into the mirror, nodding at her outfit, before walking out of her room. "Elena! You ready?"

"Yeah!" Elena yelled from downstairs, and Allison went over to the steps, seeing her hang up the phone. Allison raised an eyebrow, "Who was that?"

"Oh, Damon." Elena shrugged, causing Allison to furrow her eyebrows. "Damon called you or you called him?"

"I called Stefan." She states, but then realized what she just said, and tried to explain but Allison just laughed it off, heading back in her room to grab her car keys and phone.

But once she pocketed both, she heard Elena scream from downstairs. The young brunette quickly sprinted down the stairs, seeing Stefan push a stranger vamp off of Elena, before it speeds out of the house. Allison quickly rushed over to her fallen sister, helping her back up as she looked at Stefan. "What the hell just happened?"