Chapter 26: Bonnie's Okay

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

Elena and Allison walked up to Bonnie, "We need to speak with you." Bonnie nodded at them hesitantly, and Allison grabbed her arm, the sisters leading her away and outside, before Allison then whirled on her. "How could you not tell us?!"

"Because I knew how you guys would react." She states, and Allison gave her a look. "So you decided to go on a suicide mission?! No, it's not an option."

"It's our only option." Bonnie argues, but Elena shakes her head. "Then we'll find another way. Bonnie, you aren't dying to save my life."

"I have the power to save you and Allison. If I don't use it and something happens, that would kill me more." Bonnie says, but Allison shook her head defiantly, tears beginning to fill her eyes. "No. No, you are not going to die. I can't lose another person that I care about. I can't- I won't let you die."

"Just answer one question, both of you. If this situation was reversed, would you do it for me?" Bonnie asks, and Allison felt a tear roll down her cheek as she shakily spoke. "In a heartbeat." Bonnie nods at her, "So, you know why I have to."

"No. No." Elena shook her head, tears in her eyes as well. Allison shook her head, another tear rolling down her cheek as she pulled Bonnie into a hug. "Please don't do this." This time she wasn't trying to tell Bonnie to step off the edge, this time she was pleading.

Suddenly Alaric comes running over to them, "Guys."

"What is it?" Allison instantly became concerned as he looked at them. "It's Jeremy."

"What?!" They all yelled, and he nods, sounding out of breath. "Yeah, Klaus has Jeremy. Come on!"

Allison was the first one to run after him as Alaric led the three girls into the school through a different door, and down a hallway. Allison was running quicker than the other two, but had to stop when she nearly twisted her ankle. "Damn boots." Allison scowled, taking them off and tossing them to the side as she followed after the others, now barefooted.

"Okay, so where are you taking us?" Elena asked and he points, looking down the hallway. "Hang on, just a little further."

Alaric walks ahead of them, but Allison stopped, grabbing both Bonnie's and Elena's arms to stop them. "Wait." The two look at her confused, but Allison just pulled them further behind her as Ric turned around, smiling. "It's him."

"I just had to get away from that dance. 60's, ugh." He rolls his eyes, and Allison brought one of her hand towards her right hip, ready to grab a knife. "Not my decade. I mean, whose call was that anyways? I much prefer the 20's. The style, the parties, the jazz."

"Alaric, are you on vervain?" Elena cautiously asks, and he moves closer, causing Allison to push the other two further behind her as he tilts his head a bit. "Now, why would you ask me that question?"