Chapter 18: Trust?

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

"Caroline?" Allison walked into the blonde's house, since she had called her. Caroline quickly goes over to her, "Stefan is on his way."

"Why?" Allison gave her a confused look. "What happened?"

Caroline holds up a hand, before moving around Allison and open the door, letting Stefan in. He and Allison share the same confused look, before looking at Caroline who lets out a long breath. "Tyler knows about you and Damon. He knows that Damon killed Mason. I didn't say a word."

"It's that woman, Jules." Stefan shakes his head, the group walking further into the house. Allison quickly gets Caroline's attention, "What about me?"

"I don't know, he didn't say anything about you. I think he only knows what you told him." Caroline states, and Allison let out a breath. "Okay, that's good. Maybe I can talk to him."

"No. No." Stefan shakes his head. "He might know more. Which makes him unsafe."

"Tyler was so upset." Caroline exclaims, shaking her head. "The look on his face, he was so betrayed."

"God this is bad." Allison muttered, before turning to Stefan. "You can't tell Damon. You're not going to tell him, right?"

"No, he already wants to kill him. He thinks all werewolves should die." Stefan shakes his head, and Caroline panics a bit, as Stefan adds. "And he's not wrong to think that, Caroline. I mean, what if Tyler tries to retaliate? He has every right to, he can get himself killed."

"Well, we're not gonna let that happen." Allison cut in, and Caroline looks between the two. "We have to get to him and reason with him before he does something stupid." The blonde then looks at Allison, "You have to talk to him."

"What if he doesn't listen?" Allison shakes her head. "I mean, if he freaked out on you already, even after how much you two went through. How do you think he's going to react when he finds out the full truth about his best friend?"

"You're completely right, Allison." Stefan nods, but then reasons. "But you've gotta try. And if he doesn't listen, then I'll try to talk to him."

"Okay." Allison nodded, letting out a breath. "Alright."

She then left the house and tried calling Tyler, but it goes straight to voicemail. "Hey, Ty, it's me. Um, I- I just talked to Caroline and I think that we really need to talk. And I get if you don't want to, but please. Look, I know that you're most likely listening to this right now, so I'm headed over now. I'll see you soon." Then she hung up and got into her Jeep.

✘ ✘ ✘

Allison walked up to the Lockwood mansion, walking in through the front door without bothering to knock. "Tyler?"

"You should leave." Tyler walks over to her, but she just shakes her head and shuts the door behind her. "No. We really need to talk."

"Okay, talk. What else have you been hiding from me?" He glares at her, and Allison sighed. "Look, Caroline and I thought it was for the best. We were trying to protect you."

"But not Mason." He snapped, then continued with a dangerous look in his eyes. "You know, didn't you? About Mason. You knew."

"Jules told you everything, didn't she?" Allison's voice dripped with sarcasm, causing him to glare. "Yes."

"I doubt that." She scoffed bitterly, but then he adds. "And Jules never even mentioned you. I just began putting the pieces together. You said that you could sense death. You even said that you knew when my father was going to die. So I know that you knew when Mason died."

"Tyler-" Allison tried, but he cut her off by harshly slamming her into the door. "Did you even try to save them, or has everything you been telling me also been a lie?"

"You don't understand." Allison hissed at him through gritted teeth, already having to fight the hunter urge since Tyler threatened it. "I haven't been lying, okay? Just... there's a lot more going on than even Jules knows."

"Well, she's been right so far." He says, causing Allison to angrily shove him away from her. "So, you'd trust her more than your best friend?"

"She's the only one that's been telling the truth!" He shouts back, both of them getting angrier by the second as Allison felt her cheeks heat up as she glared. "Oh, really? So, she's been here for five minutes and now all of a sudden we're having this argument. Oh, but since she's a werewolf as well, then she must know everything, and obviously you can trust her." Allison's words dripped with sarcasm and bitterness.

"Watch in." He warned her, but Allison ignored it and stepped towards him, her face getting closer as she harshly said. "Or what? You'll bite me?"

Tyler slammed Allison into the wall again, growling and she already knew that she was going to have bruises on her arms from where his hands were. She glared at him, feeling her eyes change to the vibrant blue that usually came out whenever Allison was desperately trying to contain her hunter instinct to kill. But then her eyes went back to normal as this ringing began in her ears, but she tried to push it away.

Then Tyler's eyes trailed down to Allison's neck, which was bandaged, and he nods. "Apparently I wouldn't be the first."

"Get away from me." Allison shoved him away from her, and moved to open the door, but stopped to look back at him. "How about you ask Jules about banshee, see what she says. I'll bet you anything that she'll say they are extinct, and hopefully that proves that the bitch doesn't know everything. Then you can choose for yourself what kind of person you are. The one that trusts their friends, or the one who turns on them."

Allison then stormed out, slamming the door behind her as she headed to her Jeep. The young brunette got into her Jeep and began driving as she called Stefan. "Your turn. It didn't work out well, there was shouting involved. Hopefully you'll have better luck."