Chapter 12: Stefan's Betrayal

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

After making it to the Grill and heading into the back, Allison grabbed her jacket and put it on, as well as checking around before she grabbed the syringe that was full of vervain and put it in the pocket of her jacket. She had been keeping this on her person after what happened at the bar outside of town, just in case she has a run-in with Sebastian again.

Allison's phone began ringing, and after answering it, the girl listened to the group call as Caroline explained that the school gym was flooded. Elena then asked, "So, does that mean we don't have to go?"

"You wish." Caroline scoffs, "Tyler is moving the party to his house."

"Kegs and beer pong for Homecoming?" Allison mused, completely fine with that, but Caroline sighs. "Just say you two are still coming."

"We'll see you there." Elena said before hanging up, and Allison knew that she meant her and Matt. But Allison also knew that she meant Katherine instead of Elena. Which is why she chuckled, "You and Bon are still picking me up, right?"

Caroline made a noise, which Allison knew was her way of saying that she was glad that the youngest of them didn't bail. "Yeah, we're almost there."

"Alright. See you in a bit then." She then hung up her phone and walked out of the back room, shoving her phone in her jacket pocket.

"Dressed for the ball?" A voice caught Allison's attention, and she looked up, eyebrows furrowing but then she smiled while stepping up to the bar, which Dean was sat on the other side of. "Something like that. So, uh, you gonna become a regular here?"

"Just until my job is finished." He shrugged, and Allison nodded. "What's your job?"

Instead of answering, Dean changed the subject, which Allison did take note of. "You know, I never caught your name."

"Oh, right, sorry." She nodded, introducing herself. "I'm Allison."

"Last name?"

She raised an eyebrow, the corner of her lip twitching upwards. "Stranger danger."

"Sorry." He chuckled, realizing how he must sound - but she just nodded with a light laugh. "It's alright. I get it. But gotta be careful, especially in a town like this."

Dean watched her curiously, but then realized Allison's gaze was somewhere else. Allison had looked up because she had the feeling that they were being watched, and when her eyes finally landed on the person watching them, she didn't know who it was, but somehow, she knew what. It was a Hybrid.

The man in front of her, followed the girl's gaze, but then she shook her head. "You know what, I should probably head out. Hopefully we can continue this some other time."

He nodded and she left, but Dean then watched as the guy, who had been watching her, followed Allison out of the Grill. The man had been around a long time, and has witnessed things like this occur, but for some reason, he actually felt a bit of worry for the girl he keeps running into. Which was a new thing for him completely, so he got off the stool and headed outside.