Chapter 13: Elena's Freakout

✘ ✘ ✘

✘ ✘ ✘

When Allison pulled up to her house, she stayed in the car for a moment, shutting the vehicle off before letting out a breath and leaning back in the seat. She still couldn't believe what had happened, and she still couldn't get over it. How could she have been that stupid? And she was already dreading facing anyone in the house. It wasn't even 7 am yet, so she could only hope everyone had decided to sleep in. 

Of course that hope got crushed once she headed inside. The young brunette managed to make it all the way to the stairs, after wincing a couple times from the hangover, but once she made it to the top step, Elena was already by her door. "Where were you?"

"A place in the world." Allison responded sarcastically, not really wanting to deal with her sister's judgment. But it seemed that Elena had other plans, blocking her little sister's way. "Who's shirt is that?"

"A friend's." Allison snapped with an eyeroll, the hangover making her mood already agitated. Elena gave her a pointed look, "A friend who you slept with?"

"I'm not in the mood, E." Allison mumbled out, shoving past her sister and going into her room, shutting and locking the door behind herself. Allison let out a breath, leaning against the door with a silent groan. She took the hat off her head, before placing a hand to her pounding headache, knowing this wasn't gonna be the last she'd hear of this. She just prayed Elena wouldn't mention this to Jenna, or anyone else for that matter.

✘ ✘ ✘

Three days later, Allison had basically been either hiding out in her bedroom or hiding out at Jacob's house. The two would usually just play video games, go on runs, go to the creek in the woods behind his house where they had made a make-shift treehouse when they were about 9, or they'd play darts or something like that. They had actually done a couple of what they usually did, while Jacob just decided not to ask her what had happened, already picking up on her basically dodging her sister. 

But the next day when Allison had woken up, she groaned when she realized that she couldn't just hide out, since she actually had school and a job to go to that day. So, with a breath, the brunette pulled herself out of bed and into the bathroom. After taking a shower, she quickly got ready for the day before heading downstairs. But immediately seeing Elena and Jenna in the dining room, the brunette quickly just grabbed her jacket and swung her bag over her shoulder, heading outside and deciding to skip breakfast. 

She picked up Jacob from his house before they drove to school. And Jacob, finally deciding that he had given her enough space, looked over at his best friend with an exasperated sigh. "Oh my god, Alli, just tell me what happened."

"There's nothing to tell." Allison shrugged, but then saw the look he was giving her, so she rolled her eyes. "It's nothing. I promise, alright."

"Yep, totally believe that." Jacob sarcastically said, earning a look from her, so he then raised an eyebrow. "Alli, you've been dodging your sister, something obviously happened."