Chapter 6: Night Of The Comet

✘ ✘ ✘

✘ ✘ ✘

When it was finally dark outside in Mystic Falls, everyone crowded around the town to see the comet. Everyone had candles, but only a couple were lit since it had to be kind of like a chain reaction, if yours gets lit then you've gotta light someone else's. Allison was just gazing up at the sky, the fact that her candle wasn't lit wasn't even bothering her. She looked back at the crowd, seeing Matt light Elena's candle, still very obvious that he liked her, but it was also very obvious that she and Stefan had something going. 

After a couple moments, she glanced back down at her unlit candle then around the crowds with a smile planted on her lips. This was so far the most normal thing that's happened since her parents died, and since the nightmares that haunted her at night. Allison was just taking in the fact that something bad wasn't going on.

But then she looked up seeing Stefan and Elena talking, and she had already seen most of her friends around, so the only thing that came to her was, where the hell was Jeremy?

The brunette quickly went to turn around to begin looking around for her little brother, but that resulted in her bumping into someone. Damon took her arm to steady her, smiling down at her amused as he then lit her candle. "How come yours is the only one not lit?"

"Maybe I didn't want it lit." Allison shrugged with a raised eyebrow, but an almost challenging smile. And Damon couldn't help but be intrigued by her. The girl in front of him seemed unafraid of anything, but there was also something different about her. Something he couldn't quit put his finger on.

And Allison couldn't help her smile as she looked up at his icy blue eyes, which she had to admit were beautiful. And she also had to admit that yeah Damon was a bit creepy, but he was also hot.

Suddenly Allison got distracted by her sister, who had blown out her candle and walked away from Stefan, obviously upset. The brunette looked back at Damon, who she realized was looking at her almost like she was a puzzle that he was trying to figure out. But she just ignored it, patting his arm. "Gotta go, leather jacket."

And with that, she walked over to Stefan, shaking her head with a breath. "Okay, what happened?"

"I thought you didn't like me." Stefan spoke, not answering her question, so Allison rolled her eyes and shrugged. "I might be warming up to you, so spill before I change my mind."

"She doesn't wanna date." Stefan shrugged, and Allison shook her head, rolling her eyes as she breathed out. "God boys are idiots."

"So are girls." He adds, and Allison cocked an eyebrow at him, grinning. "Stefan Salvatore, I think that was the first slightly rude thing you've said since you got here. I'm so proud of you."

Stefan smiles at her, chuckling a bit, but then he realized something. Allison, though she put up a front, he could see the bags under her eyes and the exhausted look in her eyes. His smile dropped as he spoke, getting a worried look. "So, Elena mentioned you've been having some sleeping problems."