Chapter 9: Little Banshee Who Knows Too Much

✘ ✘ ✘

✘ ✘ ✘

Allison had already started off the day with an uneasy feeling in the pit of her stomach, which only got worse as she headed to the football game. The girl just tried to ignore it as she looked over her outfit, which was dark skinny jeans, a tank top and red flannel, along with her slight heeled boots. She left her bag in her Jeep as she got out of the vehicle, shoving her phone and car keys into her red leather jacket pocket, after locking the doors. 

When they started the bonfire, she tried to just ignore and shove the uneasiness down, she even put up a fake smile while she stood next to Elena during the pre-game rally. 

"Wait, wait, wait. Let's be honest here, in the past we used to let other teams come into our town and roll right over us!" Mr. Tanner exclaims, and everyone in the crowd begins 'boo'ing, so he continues. "But that is about to change! We've got some great new talent tonight, starting on offense, and I can tell you right now, it has been a long time since I have seen a kid like this with hands like these! Let's give it up for Stefan Salvatore!"

Everyone begins cheering, even Allison, that is until everything around her gets drowned out by these voices in her ear- they were more like whispers, telling her that someone was gonna die tonight. Allison stumbled backwards a bit, her smile dropping, and it didn't return to her lips even after the voices had stopped and the cheering became audible again. Her heart began pounding harder in her chest, the fear sinking in that her dream was gonna become real again. 

Suddenly feeling out of it and honestly a bit nauseous, Allison quickly turned and started to make her way out of the crowd. She had just made it out when her hazel eyes landed on Jeremy, who seemed unstable already, with a cup in his hands that no doubt had alcohol in it.

"No, Ty- don't." Vicki's voice caught Allison's attention, and she looked over to see Tyler going towards her brother. One thing many people knew, is that Allison Gilbert's best friend and younger brother seemed to hate each other. 

Allison quickly ran towards them, hoping to stop a fight, but Tyler had already gotten there. "Don't look down. You can have her when I'm done." Okay... he was gonna get more then a slap in the back of the head.

Jeremy suddenly punches Tyler, causing Allison to try and step in. "Hey! Stop!" But Tyler had already shoved Jeremy into a car, making an alcohol bottle fall to the ground and shatter as they continue fighting. "Stop it! Tyler stop!" Allison screamed as she saw Tyler managing to get Jeremy on the ground and begin beating the crap out of him. 

"Tyler! Stop!" Allison ran over and grabbed his elbow to stop him, yanking her best friend off her brother, but Tyler just shoved her back, causing Allison to stumble and would've fallen if Stefan hadn't caught her. Stefan then moves and grabs Tyler's fist, causing Tyler to turn around and punch Stefan in the stomach, but it seemed to have no effect. 

Allison looked between the two boys, before her eyes snapped over to Jeremy, who had grabbed the broken bottle. "Jeremy!" She jumped in front of Tyler, but Jeremy didn't stop, not fully registering that his sister was in the way, but it didn't matter because Stefan quickly moved in front of her. Allison watched the glass slice his palm as Elena runs over to Jeremy, and Allison quickly turned to Stefan with wide eyes. "Oh my god, your hand- is your hand okay?"