Chapter 6: Stronger Link

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

Mystic Falls Historical Society Volunteer Day, Allison read the sign and groaned. This is probably gonna be one of her least favorites of the month long Mystic Falls events. Yes, it was for a good cause, but Allison just had a bed feeling about that day. Plus, it didn't help that she also recently learned about Caroline practically being Katherine's little spy. And now Elena and Stefan have to fake breaking up or something like that. 

Allison walked over to Mason with Stefan by her side, and Mason was definitely giving her a look of disapproval, which she couldn't even be surprised about after what Damon tried to do. Mason looked towards the vampires, "Stefan, right? The other Salvatore."

"Nice one." Stefan says, before getting serious. "I wanted to offer an apology."

"Not interested." Mason shakes his head, but Stefan still tried. "Look, my brother acted impulsively."

"You think?" Mason spoke sarcastically, and Stefan nods. "You and Damon keep at each other's throat, somebody innocent is gonna get hurt. And I don't want that, and you have family here, so I can't imagine that you'd want that either. So, what do you say we just, uh, quit the whole male-alpha fighting thing. Just call it a truce."

"I made that same offer to your brother, he turned it down." Mason points out. "With a knife."

"He made a mistake." Allison finally spoke up, looking at Mason seriously. "We're here to make sure neither one of you make another."

Mason's gaze hardens on her, wondering how she was even standing with Stefan at the moment, before he then moved his eyes on Stefan. "Tell your brother to watch his back."

But before Mason can walk away, Stefan grabs his arm roughly, causing Allison to grab his. Stefan looks towards her warning stare, and lets go of Mason, but he does take a step towards him. "Well, I'm guessing that he only has to worry about that during the full moon. Otherwise, you're not as strong. Am I right? Or you would've killed Damon by now. There's one of you, there's two of us." Allison silently thanked that he didn't bring her into this mess, because she wasn't going to choose sides. "I think you're the one who needs to watch his back."

"If he comes at me-" Mason starts, but Allison took a step forward. "He won't." Mason looked towards her, and she nodded at him, reassuringly. So, he then shakes Stefan's hand as a sort of truce. But that's exactly what Damon did before he tried killing Mason, and Allison had a feeling that someone wasn't gonna keep up their end.

With a breath, Allison headed over to Elena and Caroline.

✘ ✘ ✘

"Uh, oh." Caroline spoke up, causing Allison and Elena to look towards her. "Longing looks are being exchanged." Allison nodded upon realizing that she was talking about Stefan and Elena.