Chapter 16: A Deal With Elijah

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

"Look." Allison finally spoke up after a long pause of awkward silence after she had vaguely explained the situation to Tyler. "I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but it wasn't safe."

"Is that how you've been getting hurt?" Tyler looked to her, then gestured towards the now bandaged shoulder since Allison had taken her jacket off. Allison glanced at the shoulder, which wasn't the same shoulder that the burn was healing on. This was the one from the vampire attack when her and Elena got kidnapped.

"I, uh- yeah." Allison nodded, continuing helping him make sure the chains were strong enough. "I can... feel when someone's gonna get hurt or worse, and I have this feeling like I have to do something about it."

"You felt it, didn't you?" He turned to her again, "The night of the fire... that's why you were in it?"

"Yeah." Allison bent the truth slightly. "I felt like something was going to happen, and sometimes my banshee instincts lead me straight to it. I ran into the burning building when the fire burned me, and part of the building fell in. Everything after that is just a blur."

Allison glanced back at Caroline, who knew the truth, but didn't say anything 'cause she understood why Allison wasn't explaining it all. Plus, it had actually been a traumatic experience that still keeps the brunette up at night.

Thankfully Allison's phone began ringing, stopping Tyler from asking one of his many questions. Allison dropped the chain and moved over to her bag, grabbing her phone and answering it confused. "Elena?"

"Elijah is here." Elena immediately says, panic in her voice, and Allison stood up straight. "What? Wha- he's there? Where the hell is Damon?"

"What's happening?" Tyler asked, but Allison just shook her head and turned around as Elena answered. "He went to the Grill, and Elijah is in the house-" Allison quickly cut her sister off, "I'm on my way."

Allison hung up and shoved her phone in her back pocket, before grabbing her jacket and putting it on, then grabbing her bag as she looked up at the vampire and werewolf. "I'll come back to check on you two, but I've really gotta go. I'm so sorry."

Caroline nods at the brunette, having overheard. "Be careful."

"You too." Allison nodded at her, before giving Tyler a quick hug. "I'm sorry." Then she left without another word.

Having broken about fifty rules about driving, Allison managed to get to her house quickly and parked the car before running up the steps just as the door opens, showing Elijah and Jenna. Jenna smiles, "And this is Allison, Elena's younger sister."

"It's nice to meet you, Allison." Elijah says with a nod and holds out a hand, but Allison just gave him a look and walked inside, hoping Jenna didn't really notice. Elijah walked out, but turned back towards Allison and Elena. "Oh, and I hope to see you two again, sometime." Then he leaves.