Chapter 13: I'm Right Here

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

"Pack up, little banshee. We're going on a road trip." Damon said, taking the book out of Allison's hands, causing the girl to look at him with a groan. "Do I have a say in this?"

"Nope, come on. Rose is driving." He says and Allison rolled her eyes as she stood up, but then the girl looked down at her sweats, then back up. "Oh, I am not going anywhere looking like this."

"Just get your ass in the car, you look fine." Damon rolled his eyes, but Allison crossed her arms over her chest, causing him to groan. "Fine. We can buy you clothes on the way."

"Okay." Allison smiled, walking past him.

✘ ✘ ✘

"Were the sunglasses really necessary?" Damon asked irritated from the back seat, then he looked to Rose in the driver's seat. "And how come she gets the front seat?"

"Damon," Allison spoke with a smile, "It's called girl code. You should try bro code, it could really help your no friend situation." Damon sent her a glare as Rose slightly laughed, earning a glare from him as well. Allison turned in her seat, smiling before looking forward again, knowing that Damon was probably regretting taking her with them. Especially since he had bought her a new outfit which consisted of black skinny jeans, a cute red light-weight sweater, and her own converse. Along with new sunglasses, of course.

Allison then glanced to Rose, still thinking about their conversation earlier. "So, why are banshees involved with the curse?"

"Well, back then, witches and banshees were close. They acted like family." Rose stated and Allison nodded, already knowing this. "When the curse was made by a witch, it got sealed with Petrova blood, plus the blood of a banshee. Of course, since the witch didn't want to kill family, it only takes some of the banshee's blood while the doppelgänger will die. But, mind I remind you, I just know what I've heard throughout the years."

"That's... comforting." Allison muttered, frowning as she turned her attention back on the road, shivering even though it wasn't cold.

A while later, they pulled into a parking garage and get out of the vehicle that had tinted windows, since Rose couldn't go into the sun. Damon then speaks up as they got out of the vehicle. "Back entrance, how convenient."

"That's the point. We can't all have little daylight rings." Rose said as they began walking through the parking garage. Damon glanced towards her, "How do we even know that this Slater guy is here?"

"I called him. He's here. He's always here." She explains and before Allison could even react, Damon had grabbed Rose by the neck and slammed her into the wall hard. "Good."

"Damon!" Allison exclaimed as she rushed over to them, but Damon just ignored her as he looked at Rose. "Just one thing, if you are setting us up in any way, I will rip your heart out and shove it down your throat." Rose raised her eyebrows and he shrugs, "It's something I'm really good at."