Chapter 7: Six More Laps

✘ ✘ ✘

✘ ✘ ✘

"I'm not saying to not date the guy. I'm just saying you should take it slow." Bonnie tells Elena, who gives her a look. "But you're the one who said to go for it."

"Now I'm saying to take it slow." Bonnie nods, and Allison completely agreed, but then Elena gave her a look. "Why the pout face?"

"It's not a pout face." Bonnie defended. "You're single for the first time in your high school career. It's the perfect time to pay the fields."

"Oh, because I'm so that girl." Elena sarcastically said, while smiling. She'd been very laughy and smiley since her and Stefan kissed, and Allison loved that her sister was happy, but she also couldn't help but be annoyed by it. Elena looked between the two, "Seriously, what are you two not saying?"

"It's stupid." Bonnie shakes her head, but Elena stopped her from walking. "Bonnie.."

"What?" Bonnie looked towards her, Allison turning as well, as Elena said. "Spit it out."

"I accidentally touched Stefan and I got a really bad feeling." Bonnie sighs, but Elena just nods. "That's it?"

"It was bad bad." Bonnie urges, only for Elena to ask. "Is this the whole witch mojo thing again?"

"Well, I'm not a witch and I got the same feeling." Allison finally spoke up, but Elena just shook her head at her little sister, before Bonnie said. "I'm just concerned. This is us expressing our concern about our best friend's new boyfriend."

"And I love you both for it, I do, but I feel good. It's been a hard year and I'm starting to feel like things are getting back to normal again. And you know what, Stefan is a big part of that." Elena says, and Allison let out a dramatic breath. "Okay, if you're gonna start going all mushy gross, then I'm out."

"Oh no you don't." Bonnie laughs, taking her arm to stop her, but then Stefan walked over to them. "Morning Elena, morning Bonnie. Hey, Alli."

"What's up, sunglasses." Which was Allison's way of greeting him. But then Bonnie spoke up, "Hey, um, I gotta find Caroline, she's not answering her phone. See you guys later."

"Bonnie, wait." Elena tried but Bonnie just ignores her and heads into school. Stefan sighed, "She doesn't like me very much."

Allison smiled, patting his arm and nodding. "At least you can take a hint."

"Alli!" Elena exclaims in a warning tone, before looking to Stefan. "She doesn't know you. She's my best friend, she's just looking out for me. But when she does, she'll love you."

"Not likely." Allison smiled, earning Elena to hit her arm, before she looked towards Stefan. "Stefan, you know you don't have to take this from her."

"It's fine." Stefan smiled, "It's amusing."

"Oh, really?" Allison chuckled, but then realized something. "Shoot. I'll meet you guys in class, I forgot to do my homework."

✘ ✘ ✘