Chapter 34: Kidnapped Again

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

"I say; we go to Pearl's, bust down the door and annihilate the idiot that attacked us last night." Damon says after he finishes putting up a board, blocking the window that had gotten broken during the fight. Stefan just gives his brother a look, "Yeah, and then what? We turn to the rest of the house of vampires and say 'whoops, sorry'?"

"I can't believe you made a deal with her." Elena shakes her head at Damon, who just shrugs. "It was more of a helpful exchange of information. It's not like I got a choice, she's... scary. Besides, she's gonna help me get Katherine back."

"Of course she is." Allison bitterly muttered, getting up from the spot she had been sitting on the couch. "Damon gets what he wants, as usual, no matter who he hurts in the process."

"Is my little banshee jealous?" He quirked an eyebrow, but she shot that idea down with a glare. "Call me that one more time and see what happens."

"I woke up this morning to learn that all of the tomb vampires escaped. I think we've earned the right to be rude." Elena said, looking at Damon, who takes Allison's spot on the couch with a sigh. "When are you gonna stop blaming me for turning your birth mother?"

"I'm not blaming you, Damon. I've accepted the fact that your a self-serving psychopath with no redeeming qualities." Elena shrugs, and Allison hugged her sister. "I don't think I've ever been this proud of you before." The two then chuckled, pulling back from the hug as Damon muttered, "Ouch."

"This isn't being very productive." Stefan speaks up. "We're gonna figure out a way to deal with Pearl and the vampires, yeah?" Damon then gets up, almost glaring at Stefan, before he walks away.

"I'm sorry," Elena turned towards Stefan. "He just makes me so cranky."

Stefan pulls her into a hug. "He makes everybody a little cranky."

"Okay, I love you both to death, but you guys kinda make everyone sick with the mushy-mushy." Allison said was a teasing look of disgust, before pointing to the door. "So, I'm just gonna go that way."

"Alli, did you just say you loved us?" Stefan gasped sarcastically, causing Allison to put her hands up with slight laughter. "No, no, no, you are not pulling me into the mushy world."

✘ ✘ ✘

"Hunting party?" Damon asks, making Allison look up from the book she had been reading, and Stefan just looked at his brother. "They did a number on me when he stabbed me. I've gotta get my strength back up."

"Well, I've got two ladies and a soccer mom in the fridge." Damon smiles, making Allison throw the book at him. Good book, terrible company. Stefan zips up his rain jacket, "We'll talk when I get back."

"Alright." Damon calls back to his brother, who began walking away. "Give my regards to the squirrels."

"Can you pass me back the book?" Allison asked, but Damon just looked at her. "I thought I was just a self-serving psychopath? So no, I can't."