Chapter 25: Klaus

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

"Your guys' own personal safe house?" Bonnie breathes out while shaking her head, as the two Gilbert sisters continue signing the deed to the Salvatore boarding house. Elena looks up, smiling. "They wanna do this so we will have to invite a certain type of person, if you know what I mean." She nods at the lawyer, who just ignored what she had said, and Bonnie nods as she looks around. "I wouldn't want to clean it." The girls all laugh.

After they were done signing and everything, Elena and Allison showed the lawyer out. "Thank you, Mr. Henry." He leaves and two brothers outside, look up at the sisters, unable to get into their own house. Elena looks at her boyfriend with a smile. "Stefan, would you like to come inside our house?"

"I would love too." Stefan smiles, walking in and kissing her, as Allison looked at Damon with a smirk on her lips, and he gives her a look. "What are we, twelve?"

"One of us is." Allison shoots back, before glancing towards her sister, teasingly. "Should we?"

"Ugh, do we have to?" She fake pouts, before laughing and leading Stefan inside. Allison looked back at Damon, smiling as she reached outside the doorway and took his hand. "Come on in, Damon." He smiles at her, shaking his head as he lets her lead him inside, and they head over to Elena and Stefan.

Allison only takes her hand back when Bonnie comes over, handing Allison and Elena their jackets. "Thanks."

"Wait, where are you going?" Stefan gives them a look, and Elena shrugs. "To school." Allison then fake pouted, "Sadly."

"No, no, we didn't create a safe house for you to leave it." Damon argues, shaking his head at the sister, and Stefan agrees with him. "Yeah, guys, Klaus is out there. We know that."

"Right, but where?" Elena asks, then shakes her head. "No one knows. Look, we really appreciate what you guys are doing, and we'll be able to sleep at night knowing that we'll be safe here, but I'm not going to be a prisoner."

Allison nodded, holding up her hand. "I've gotta agree with her. I have been kidnapped one too many times to count, so I know the feeling. I need at least some freedom."

"Don't worry, I'm ready." Bonnie speaks up, nodding her head confidently. "If he shows his face, I'm ready to take him. I know how."

"The way I see it, next to Bonnie is the safest place that we can be." Allison smiled, hooking arms with her, and Elena nods as she gestured towards the door. "Alrighty, Sunglasses."

The four walk outside, and Allison headed to her Jeep after mentioning to the others that she had forgotten something at the house so she may be late. So that was her first stop before heading to school.

Allison parked the car in the driveway, but left it running as she rushed up to the front door and unlocked it, before running up the stairs and to her room. She looked around, seeing the journal she had been reading last night, which had belonged to a little boy who's family had used the hideout while the witches and banshees got burned alive. She shoved the old journal into her bag before going over to leave, but pausing at the mirror. For some reason, she found herself hiding the necklace she had found, under her shirt before she finally headed to school.