Chapter 24: Banshee Hideout

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

"She was at the house?" Allison questioned, and she could hear the sadness in Elena's voice, even through the phone. "Yep. Decided to make an entrance and now Jenna won't even look at me."

Allison nodded, even though Elena couldn't see her. "Alright, I'll be there in ten minutes." And she hung up.

Ten minutes later, Allison was pulling up and parking her Jeep in front of the house, before she quickly got out and rushed inside. Elena had been pacing, but once her sister walked in, she started shaking her head. "Oh my god, the look on her face... Alli, it was awful. She looked so hurt and betrayed."

"It's gonna be okay." Allison reassured her sister. "Have you called Ric yet?"

"Yeah, he should be here any minute." She nods, and as if on cue, someone nods on the door. Allison quickly opened the door, letting Alaric in as he asked the girls. "Is she up yet?"

"She won't come out of her room." Elena sighs, and Ric looks at her. "What'd you tell her?"

"Nothing. She won't talk to me." Elena shakes her head, and Allison looked between the two, as Ric sighs. "We're going to have to fix this."

"Maybe I should try to talk to her." Allison suggested, but as the two nodded, Jenna was suddenly walking down the stairs. Elena looks at her, "Hey."

"Jenna-" Ric tries, but she walks passed them both. "I don't want you here, Ric. You need to go."

"Listen, I can't begin to imagine what you must be feeling right now." He tries again, and Jenna looks at him. "Rage and betrayal pretty much cover it."

"Wait, Jenna, where are you going?" Allison stepped closer to her, but stopped when Jenna looks up with tears in her eyes. "So, I guess this means just another person who knew." Allison frowned and looked away, not even able to look Jenna in the eyes, especially when she shakes her head. "I'm going to stay on campus. I've got a thesis to write and I don't wanna be in this house."

"Wait, Jenna, please." Alaric tries, "Let us explain to you exactly what is going on."

"Allison, I need you to go to the Lockwood's today and accept the Historical Society's check for your mom's foundation." Jenna looked towards the younger girl, before beginning to leave again, but Elena steps forward. "But, Jenna, please just-"

"I don't have it in me to hear any more lies from you." Jenna then slams the door behind her, causing Allison to jump a bit, before she turned towards her sister. "I can't go to the Lockwood's house. I- I can't handle anymore questions or anything about Tyler." Elena nods, "It's okay, I've got it."

"Maybe if you guys had been a little honest with her from the beginning-" John started saying as he walked in from the kitchen, but Alaric didn't let him finish. He punched him.