Chapter 28: Cursed Blood

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

"Tonight is the full moon." Elijah begins, looking around at everyone there. "We should assume that Klaus is prepared to break the curse."

"Elena said that the sun and moon curse is fake. That it's actually just a curse placed on Klaus?" Stefan raises as eyebrow, and Elijah nods. "Klaus is a vampire born of a werewolf bloodline. The curse has kept his werewolf aspect manifesting. But if he breaks it, he'll be a true hybrid."

"Then why are we letting him break the curse?" Damon walks into the living room. "We could kill him today. With Bonnie."

"Damon-" Stefan starts, but Elena cuts him off. "No. Bonnie can't use that much power without dying."

"I'll write her a great eulogy." Damon shrugs, but Allison stood up, basically glaring at him. "Knock it off. Bonnie dying is not going to be an option." When the blue eyed vampire looked towards her, he clenched his jaw, obviously pissed, but before he can do anything, Stefan steps in. "Alright. How do we break this curse?"

"Well, the ritual itself is relatively straightforward. The ingredients, so to speak, you already know." Elijah states, and Stefan nods. "The moonstone."

"A witch will channel the power of the full moon to release the spell that's bound within the stone. After that, Klaus, being both werewolf and vampire, will sacrifice one of each." Elijah says, glancing at Allison before Elena asks. "And where do Allison and I fit into this?"

"The final parts of the ritual." Elijah grabs something from the shelf then turns back to them, holding a box in his hands. "Klaus will drink the blood of the doppelgänger... to the point of the your death." Allison glanced over to her sister with a frown on her lips, as Stefan takes Elena's hand in a comforting way. Allison then looked back at Elijah, "And that's where you come in?"

"This is an elixir that I acquired some 500 years ago for Katerina. It possess mystical properties of resurrection." Elijah holds up a glass bottle, and Elena nods. "So, I'll be dead?"

"And then you won't." He states, but then Damon speaks up, obviously unimpressed and not liking this plan at all. "That's your plan? A magical witch potion with no expiration date?" He then looks to Elena, "You wanna come back to life, what about John's ring?"

"Those rings only work on humans. A doppelgänger is a supernatural occurrence, odds are... the ring won't work." Elijah looks between them, but Damon argues with. "I'll take those odds over your elixir." Damon then looks to Elena, "What if it doesn't work, Elena?"

"Then I guess I'll just be dead." Elena shrugs, and Allison looked away, hating this idea, as Damon storms away. The silence that came over the room was almost deafening, so Allison stood up straighter as she looked to Elijah. "Do we know if Klaus has everything he needs to do this? Does he have a werewolf?"

"Klaus has been waiting to break this curse for over a thousand years." Elijah looks towards the young brunette. "If he doesn't already have a werewolf, then my guess is, by tonight he will."