Chapter 15: Speedy

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

"Where you going?" Bonnie questioned Elena, causing Allison to walk over to where they were on the steps. Elena shakes her head, "I'm going to see Stefan."

"You're lying." Bonnie states, but Elena just shakes her head. "No, I'm not."

"Really?" Allison added in as she tilted her head to the side sarcastically. "You should tell your face."

"Are you serious?" Elena looked to her, and Jeremy came down the stairs. "She took the moonstone."

"Come on, Elena." Allison sighed out 'cause her sister had failed their test. Elena looks between the three, "How did you-"

"We tested you." Bonnie says, shaking her head disapprovingly. "You failed."

Elena looks at all of them in disbelief, before angrily saying. "Klaus killed Katherine's entire family just because she crossed him." She shoves past Bonnie and Allison, "I can't let that happen." Neither of the other girls do anything since they already knew. Elena opens the door, but once she was about to step out, she hit an invisible wall, causing Allison to scoff. "Been there, done that."

"It's for the best, Elena." Bonnie says, sending Allison a look, to which the younger girl shrugged at. "What?"

Allison then moved passed Elena, grabbing her keys and walking out the door without a problem. She then turned around, sending Elena a smile. "Sorry, sis. I've got work."

When Allison finally got to the Grill and walked in to get ready to work, she stopped on her way into the back, seeing Tyler with a big duffel bag talking to Caroline. Allison then spotted Alaric sitting close to him, so with a glance towards where Scott was working at the bar, Allison redirected her path and sat across from Ric, the two sharing a look before listening into the conversation.

"This girl Mason knows stopped by the house." Tyler spoke, "She said he never made it back to Florida." Allison shot Ric a worried look. "My mom is freaking out, and she was on the phone with your mom when I left." There was a pause, then he nodded at Caroline. "We should get going."

"Yeah." Caroline says standing up and sending Ric a glance, then she met eyes with Allison, almost pleading so Allison quickly had to decide. A moment later, the girl gave in and ran outside and caught up with them. "Wait up."

"Sorry, Allison, but we've really gotta be going." Tyler urges, causing Allison to roll her eyes at him trying to be all secretive. She took a step forward and took the bag from him since he seemed to be slightly struggling with it. She took it easily with one hand and swung it over her shoulder, ignoring the surprised look he sent her and exchanging a smile with Caroline. "Are we going?"

After an argument with the two girls against Tyler, the girls won quickly, and Allison was allowed to come with them. Not like she had actually given him a choice. Allison followed behind the two, who were driving Caroline's car, while Allison drove her Jeep as she called Damon. "Yes, little banshee?"

"I'm on Tyler patrol with Caroline." Allison stated, using one hand to steer her vehicle, and Damon's next response sounded somewhat pissed. "What?"

"He's my best friend." Allison answered with, but Damon's voice came out a bit more urgently and a bit demanding. "Get out of there. Tonight's the full moon and if he bites you, we're still not sure what will happen. Either of your marks might make it kill you."

"Damon, I'll be fine." She reassured him with an eyeroll, unknowingly to her though, he had rolled his eyes at her response. "Just focus on keeping my sister safe and sound." Then she hung up before he could argue, which was perfect timing when Caroline parked their car. Allison pulled up her Jeep and parked next to them, looking around the woods.

Allison hopped out of her Jeep and walked around, meeting Tyler in the back of the car as Caroline speaks up. "You know, maybe he just stopped to go surf somewhere. You know, isn't that like Mason's whole thing?"

"Maybe." Tyler shakes his head. "This girl just thinks he should've called."

"I'm sure he's okay." Allison tried, though her voice wasn't all that convincing, and it didn't help that the guilt had shown back up. But Tyler didn't notice as he grabbed the bag and threw it over his shoulder. "Yeah. Anyway..." Tyler glanced towards Caroline, "How much does Speedy know?"

"Oh my god, not you too." Allison groaned, since no one had really used that childhood nickname except for Scott. She sent Tyler a pointed look, "You and Scotty are not, I repeat, are not bringing that back."

Tyler just grinned at her reaction while Caroline held back a giggle, and the three began walking with Caroline hooking arms with Allison. "She knows."

"Yes, I got that. But how much?" Tyler questioned, and Allison smiled. "I always know everything, Ty."

✘ ✘ ✘

Caroline and Allison watched as Tyler struggled with the chains, and Allison scoffed. "Tell me you brought the instruction manual."

"Tell me one of you brought the wolfsbane." Tyler shot back and Caroline walks towards her stuff, as Allison glanced at her own bag, which she had brought since she also had gotten into the habit of bringing weapons with her at all times with how often she gets kidnapped.

"Yes. Not an easy herb to find." Caroline searches through her bag, before standing back up and holding out this yellow flower. "Is this is?"

Tyler reaches to touch it, but Allison smacked his hand away. "Don't touch that, idiot." If wolfsbane was anything like how vervain was to vampires, then that'd actually burn Tyler. And Allison should know since she had felt the affects of vervain burning her throat when Damon drank it. The young brunette then looked between them, hating this idea. "Are you guys seriously thinking that he has to drink that?"

"It's alright, Alli." Tyler nods at her, before gesturing towards his duffel bag. "Water bottle is in my bag so we can mix it."

"okay." Allison said in a small voice, as Caroline handing her the wolfsbane and Allison made her way over to the duffel bag. But as she dropped her bag to the ground and grabbed the water bottle, Caroline became curious upon seeing a dagger in Allison's bag. "What's this?" She asked, picking it up, but almost immediately, she dropped it and jumped back with a pained cry. She then looked up at Allison, "Vervain?! What the hell, Allison?"

"But I didn't-" Allison began, until Tyler becomes curious and touches the blade as well, only to have the same reaction Caroline did. They both looked up as Allison put down the wolfsbane and water, and moved over to the dagger with engraving on it. "What the hell?"

"Why do you even have that?" Tyler shot her a look, and Caroline, without even thinking, blurts out. "Because she's a banshee."

"Caroline!" Allison shouted as she stood up, and Caroline's eyes widened at what she had said. "Sorry!"

"A banshee?" Tyler questioned, looking at Allison, who was glaring at Caroline. "It's nothing."

"Allison, just tell him." Caroline sighs, picking up the water and wolfsbane to mix it. Allison took a deep breath before going over to the chains with Tyler, yanking at them as she nodded. "Fine, I'll tell you."