Chapter 21: Banshee Hangover

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

Allison woke up with a groan of pain, squinting one eye open and scowling at the sunlight that was seeping through the curtains. She closed her eyes and turned over in the bed, opening them up again, seeing a glass of water and aspirin on the bedside table.

But it wasn't her bedside table.

The brunette quickly sat up in the bed, instantly regretting it when she put a hand to her head, the room around her beginning to spin. This felt like the worst hangover- actually, it felt worse than a hangover. Allison reached over, taking two aspirins and downing them with water, making a face at the pills.

After waiting a few moments, Allison finally got out of the bed, her bare feet hitting the cool floor as she looked around the unfamiliar room. "Okay, I really gotta stop waking up in other people's beds after drinking." She grumbled to herself, walking over and catching a glimpse of herself in the mirror. She was still wearing the outfit Caroline put her in, but her jacket was on a chair in the room, with her heels next to it.

Allison grabbed the jacket and put it on, it was chilly since it was actually morning, plus it made her feel more secure after waking up somewhere other than her own bed. The brunette then grabbed her shoes, not putting them on, but heading out of the room with them in hand. 

After walking down the hallway, it was clear she was in the Salvatore house, causing Allison to almost roll her eyes. "Stefan?"

"Down here!"

Allison walked over and down the steps, hitting the last step and seeing him standing up standing up from where he was sat in a chair. She gave him a look, "Why am I here? And why do I have the worst headache in the world?"

"You're here because I am worried about you, and you may more dangerous than I thought. And I'm guessing the headache is from the other night." Stefan stated like it was obvious, and Allison glared at him. "I'm dangerous?" But then something registered and her eyes widened. "Other night? How long have I been here?"

"A few days." Stefan sighed as she walked more into the living room, and he continued. "And, yes, dangerous. You're dangerous to yourself and others until you're able to get control."

Ignoring the last part, Allison's eyes widened even more as she dropped her heels. "A few days! The hell- I have school!"

"You can't go to school until you learn get control." Stefan said, back Allison rolled her eyes. "Stefan, I appreciate that you're trying to help, but school is probably the best place for me to be right." A moment passed as she realized what she said, and realized the looked she got. "And yes I realize what I just said, and I honestly thought that that'd never happen. But going to school will help me fit it. I'll look normal. Plus, you know, I'll be around people... the very people I have the 'need to protect', so I think it'll be fine."

"Okay, but after school you need to come here so I can help you. Also, you need to say away from Elena." Stefan said, causing Allison to roll her eyes. "Duh. Anyway, mind if you bring me back to my house so I can get ready for school." Since she wasn't about to go to school looking like she did, and she had left her car at her house since Caroline picked her up for the party.