Chapter 14: Knives And Cars

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

"You ready?" Alaric asks, causing Elena to sigh as she begins setting the table. "Vampires, hybrids, and originals. No problem. My rebellion brother, I'm worried.

"Proof you're still human." Ric says while making the food, and Allison rolled her eyes. "At least you two are human. I'm some freaky cursed banshee who is linked to Klaus."

"Yeah, you win." Elena nods, causing Allison to shake her head with a light laugh. "Thanks, sis."

The front door opens and Jeremy walks in, going to the fridge as Elena puts on a smile. "Just in time, we're cooking."

"Sorry, just passing through." Jeremy shrugs off the offer, but Alaric quickly tries. "Ah, well, I thought we would all stay in. Have a meal together like a typical, atypical family."

"Why?"

"Maybe because you got fired and didn't tell anyone." Allison deadpans, giving her little brother a look, as he sighs. "Look, can we do this later? I made plans with Tyler, he's right outside."

"Oh, wait." Ric turns to look at him, but Allison was already giving her brother a look, since he used to hate her best friend. "When did you start hanging out with Tyler Lockwood?"

"I don't know. Does it matter?" Jeremy shrugs, but Elena adds in. "Yeah, Jeremy. It matters. He's sired by Klaus. He's dangerous."

"He can still hear you, he's right outside." Jeremy says, then adds while looking between his sisters. "Besides, you two of all people, are gonna lecture me on who I can and can't hang out with?"

"What is with the attitude?" Elena shakes her head, and Jeremy rolls his eyes. "Yeah, whatever. This is lame. Tyler is waiting." Jeremy moves to head to the door, but Elena just blocks his way while shaking her head. "Oh, no, no. You're not going anywhere, especially not with Tyler."

"Hang on." Allison spoke up, eyebrows furrows as she shook her head. "Are we really going to do this? Question our friends? I mean, so what if he's sired to Klaus. I'm linked to the bastard, does that mean you're gonna start to question me?"

"You are linked to him, yes. But he doesn't have control over his own mind and actions, you do." Elena argues, and Allison bit her bottom lip, since she still hadn't told anyone everything that's going on with her.

Jeremy glances at Allison, then the other two in the room, before saying. "Alright, right. You want me to stay in? Let's all stay in then. Yo, Tyler! Come on in!"

"Jeremy-!" Elena began with wide eyes, but gets cut off when the door opens and Tyler steps inside. Allison glanced over and made eye contact with Ric, and just by his look, she knew they were thinking the same thing. Even though Allison had stood up for Tyler, she still had to be careful because it had been him when he tried to do that freaky control thing with her.