Chapter 30: I'm Sorry

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

"Where are we going?" Elena asks Klaus' second witch (since his first was now dead), Greta, who just says. "This way."

"You're Luka's sister, aren't you?" Elena realized as the two followed her. "We heard about you. He and your father were looking for you."

"Well, they were wasting their time." She answers with, almost not even caring that her father and brother were now dead. "I wasn't lost."

Elena trips over a rock and stumbles, but Allison quickly caught her arm. "I can't see anything."

Greta stops and waves a hand, and suddenly a trail of camp fire spots flare up. Elena looks at her sister, but then Allison faced forward and froze when her eyes landed on a body. "Oh my god." Elena follows her sister over, and her eyes widen as they ran over. "Jenna?"

The two dropped on different sides of their guardian. "Jenna? Jenna?"

"Hey, hey, Jenna, can you hear us?" Allison tried shaking her shoulder, but then Elena checked her pulse. "No, no, no, no, Jenna." Elena then looks up at Greta, "He killed her! Why? We did everything he asked!"

Suddenly Jenna shoots up with a gasp-type-scream, causing Allison's eyes to widen as she jumped back, but then grabbed Jenna's arm so that she'd look at her. And just by the touch, and looking into her eyes, Allison let go as she looked over at her sister. "She's in transition."

"Oh my head." Jenna groans in pain, "What's happening to me?"

"Do you remember what happened?" Allison asked, and Jenna looks over at Elena. "You called me. You were so scared. I should've realized that it wasn't you. The second I walked out of the house, someone grabbed me. A vampire. He made me drink his blood. And I don't- I don't remember anything after that. Where are we? What happened?"

"We're at the Quarry." Allison stated, and Elena adds. "He brought us here."

"Why don't I remember anything?" Jenna looked between them, her eyes wide with panic, causing Allison and Elena to look at her in sorrow as the older sister spoke. "Jenna, do you remember when I told you how someone becomes a vampire?"

"Yeah, if you die with vampire blood in your system-" She cuts herself off, realization hitting her. "Oh god! He killed me."

"Jenna, listen. Listen to me." Elena quickly tries to calm her down. "Everything is going to be okay. We're going to get you out of here."

But Jenna was just in shock, "I'm a vampire."

"And I bet you're hungry." Greta moves over to them, and Elena goes to grab something but then Greta uses her magic to fling her backwards. Allison quickly stood up as the witch puts a fire circle around Elena, causing the banshee to quickly move and grab the dagger from her belt, and throw it. The witch barely had time to move, causing the knife to barely slice across her cheekbone, which Allison wasn't honestly positive where she had been aiming, but apparently the knife headed straight for the witch's face.