Chapter 9: Dead By Graduation

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

Allison shot awake, but grunted and squeezed her eyes as the pain laced through her. The brunette couldn't even comprehend what just happened. There was this nauseous feeling in her stomach as she thought about it. Her mind was reeling as she didn't even realize the silent tears going down her cheeks.

The hazel eyed brunette sat up slowly and barely, a hand going to her pounding head, but then she froze when her fingers made contact with something else. A shaky breath left her lips as she brought her hand back, and seeing the blood, a whimper left her lips.

Allison backed up a bit, her back hitting the wall as she stared at the blood. It just making that whole thing become even more real than it had been, and that scared her. Actually, it terrified her. And she wasn't completely sure why, which only added onto the silent panic.

The girl was so out of it and scared that she didn't realize her ears were ringing, as well as the blood soaking through her shirt from her opened shoulder wound. She didn't even realize someone was in front of her until Damon grabbed her shoulders, forcing her to look into his worried eyes. "Allison?"

Allison's eyes snapped up to him, her mind still reeling, but for the first time, Damon saw her completely and utterly terrified. Sure, she had been scared and panicked other times, but she was always also angry or defensive, so determined to save someone that the fear kind of got lost.

But right now... it was different.

"Alli?" Damon spoke softly, but when another whimper left her lips, he pulled her into a hug. Allison squeezed her eyes shut, not even realizing how shaky she was, as she let herself fall into the safety and comfort that Damon's embrace tried to give her.

"It- it felt so real..." She barely even whispered, the grief finally settling in.

Everything could've been different. Everything. She couldn't had a normal life. She could've had a child. Allison could've left behind this hell of a life and raised a child. She wouldn't have had to worry about everyone. She wouldn't have to be scared all the time about losing somebody else. She wouldn't have had to worry about if she'd have to add another bird to her tattoo. And she wouldn't have had to worry about this so called cursed blood that has her on a Hitlist.

At the rate her life is going... she'll be dead by graduation.

✘ ✘ ✘

A day had passed and Allison did what she always does. She didn't tell anybody about what happened, and she basically shoved all those feelings down. The brunette was, and after so many agreements with Damon, currently at the Grill trying to get her job back.

After an hour of excuses and reasons as to why she vanished and let everyone believe she was dead, Allison was finally behind the bar and serving drinks. She just wanted to get her life back to what passed for normal, at least. But even she knew it wasn't gonna be that easy.