Chapter 6: Sired

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

"So..." Allison spoke up, looking to Damon, who wasn't even facing her. "Tell me again why I can't go to school? I mean, not like I'm complaining but..."

Damon glanced back at her, "Because there's a gravestone with your name on it. And for right now, it might be safer, no matter how much I hate it, for people to thing you're dead."

"I'm not just gonna sit on the sidelines just because it might be safer." Allison stood up, shaking her head. "I wanna go out, go back to school, get my job back, and-"

Damon cuts her off, narrowing his eyes on her. "Yeah, maybe you should've thought about that before letting everyone believe that you were dead so you could run off with Klaus."

"I didn't run off with Klaus." She defended, her voice getting a bit bitter. One thing that had also happened over the summer, she had even less control over her anger issues. "And I did that to save you."

It also didn't help that Allison realized that the whiff of relaxing that they had, was now over and replaced by the consequences.

Damon whirled around to face her, glaring as he got angrier, and as he spoke, his voice dripped with sarcasm and bitterness. "Yes, because everyone thinking you were dead, was saving me. You putting yourself in danger, constantly, was for me."

"Yes, it was!" She shouted, her voice raising, as did his. "It was killing me when I thought you were dead! You weren't protecting me!" He grabbed her arm, "I saw the scars, Allison. I hate that I wasn't able to protect you."

"Which is why I had to let you go." She snapped, shaking her head and yanking away from him. "Why I had to let everyone go. And why I tried to get you to just forget about me."

Damon just rolled his eyes. "So all those unknown calls were you letting me go? And you're birthday present for Elena was also you letting go?"

"Stop trying to lecture me!" She yelled, shaking her head. "Don't you dare act like what I did was wrong! It was stupid, but I did what I did to protect the people that I love. To protect you. So, don't you dare lecture me- or- or judge me about my decisions. Because, if it came down to it, I'd go through hell to save your ass."

And with that, she stormed out of the room.

✘ ✘ ✘

"I'll lure Stefan away from the bonfire. Then when he's distracted..." Elena begins, and Alaric nods. "I'll shoot him."

Right now, it was night, and they were currently in Alaric's classroom while all the students went to the beginning year bonfire. They were trying to form a plan to get Stefan before he hurts anyone. Allison, after much arguing and shouting and her putting her foot down, as well as nearly punching Damon, was there and finally making everyone know that she wasn't gonna just stick to the sidelines and hide.