Chapter 1: The Return

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

"How is she?" Allison made her way over to Bonnie and Matt, who didn't actually answer her. Bonnie jumps at the younger brunette, pulling her into a tight hug, and Allison chuckled lightly as she felt tears in her eyes. "Okay, Bon, I need air."

She pulls back with a light laugh and tears in her eyes, but then it was Matt's turn to pull the young girl into a hug. "Never scare us like that again, Allison Gilbert."

"I'm fine." Allison told the two, before asking. "How is Care?"

"See for yourself." Matt smiles as he leads the two girls over to the blonde's room. Allison nervously pulled at the sleeves of her long sleeve, which Elena had brought her. The long-sleeve and leggings since she really didn't want to be stuck in that hospital patient gown anymore. The doctors had also officially released her about fifteen minutes ago from having had to stay there for almost two days so they could monitor her fire wounds, and smoke inhalation.

They walked into Caroline's room to see her awake and sitting up in the bed. The blonde smiles at them, and Allison smiled and ran over to hug the blonde. "Care!"

"Alli!" The blonde chuckles, "Ooh, careful. Still a little sore." Allison pulled back and looked at her, "When I said to call me when you guys made it safely home, I meant that you needed to actually make it there safe." Caroline nods at her with a chuckle, but then Bonnie takes her turn to hug. "How are you?"

"They say I'm healing really quick." She states happily and then Matt leans in for a kiss, "My turn." And as they greet each other, Allison turned towards Bonnie with a raised eyebrow, and mouthing 'healing really quick?', Bonnie nods and mouths back 'later'.

Caroline giggles and turns to Bonnie, who had tears in her eyes. "Awe, why're crying?"

"I'm just happy you're okay." Bonnie says as Matt gives her a side hug, and Caroline's smile widens. "Aw, I love you guys."

"We love you." Bonnie cries happily, and the four all moved in for a group hug. When they pulled back, Allison was still laying on the bed next to Caroline, who was giving her a look. "So, I guess we both had everyone scared."

"Yeah." Allison breathed out, shaking her head, but then leans her head on the blonde's shoulder. Even though the fire had actually terrified her, and it was so painful just hearing everyone's screams- it was honestly a nightmare. But that nightmare had gotten so, so much worse when the voices had said Caroline was gonna die.

"Has Tyler come to see you?" Caroline asked, looking over at Allison, who just furrowed her eyebrows. "No, why?"

The other three in the room shared looks, but that's when she remembered. His dad was killed in the fire. Everyone assumes that he probably burned to death, but Allison couldn't help but flinch at the recollection of the deafening snap that signaled his death.