Chapter 1: Sunglasses

✘ ✘ ✘

✘ ✘ ✘

The shrilling noise of the alarm clock woke the young brunette out of her sleep, causing her to groan and think that if she threw it at the wall, it would stop the horrible noise, but then she opted not to, not wanting to go through the pain of having to buy a new alarm clock. So, the girl sighed as she hit the button to stop the noise and reluctantly got out of the comfy bed, shivering slightly when the cold air hit her legs, but she just shook it off and began getting ready for school. After getting dressed and quickly brushing her hair, Allison pulled her jacket on while slipping on her boots, before heading downstairs.

She headed into the kitchen, seeing her older sister already there as well as her aunt. The younger brunette made her way over to the coffee maker, pulling out two mugs and handing them to Elena, who was already by the coffee, as Aunt Jenna sighed. "Toast. I can make toast."

"It's all about the coffee, Aunt Jenna." Elena mutters, handing Allison a mug of the bitter-sweet liquid, which she immediately smiled at. But Jeremy's voice stopped her from bringing the cup to her lips, since he had just came into the kitchen asking, "Is there coffee?"

Allison glanced down at the cup, then reluctantly, and with a slight pouty lip, handed it to her younger brother. Elena slightly chuckled at her younger sister, before handing Alli her cup while the darker haired girl took another one from the cupboard. Allison immediately smiled at Elena, taking the coffee as Jenna spoke. "It's your first day of school and I'm totally unprepared. Lunch money?"

"I'm okay." Elena shrugs the offer off, but Allison took it, muttering. "More like gas money."

"Right." Jenna nods, seeming to remember that she had a car, but then Jeremy grabs his money without a word. Jenna looks between them, "Anything else? A number two pencil? What am I missing?"

"Don't you have a presentation today?" Allison reminded her with a raised eyebrow, handing the blonde her phone, which had been by the coffee maker. Jenna immediately takes it, "I'm meeting with my thesis advisor at...now. Crap."

"Go, we'll be fine." Elena reassures, and their Aunt hesitates before rushing out the door. And Allison, who had seen the time, turned to pour her coffee into a coffee cup with a lid, while Elena looks at Jeremy. "You okay?"

"Don't start." Jeremy moves past her and back upstairs, causing Allison to turn towards her sister, giving her a small smile before heading into the living room to grab her bag. But once the younger brunette walked over, she glanced towards the TV, which was on the news and had a missing couple on it. But that's not why the gasp left the girl's lips, it was because she had just had a nightmare about those two going missing while they were camping.

"Allison?" Elena's voice snapped her out of it, and Allison quickly turned towards her, trying to shake it off as she grabbed her bag. "Let's, uh, just get to school."

"Actually, Bonnie wanted to pick me up." Elena says, causing Allison to nod while grabbing her keys. "Tell her I say 'hi'. I'll meet you guys at school."