Chapter 17: Vicki is A Vampire

✘ ✘ ✘

✘ ✘ ✘

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Allison asked, glancing towards her older sister, who nods with a sigh. "Yeah. We need to."

With a sigh, Allison turned back towards the Salvatore boarding house, and they walked up to the front door and Elena rang the doorbell. But of course, it was Damon who had to answer it. Allison mentally groaned, "Stefan here?"

"Yup." Damon simply says, so Elena asked annoyed. "Then where is he?"

"And good morning to you too, little miss sunshine." Damon nods, before smirking at Allison. "Oh, and of course, my little banshee."

"I'm not your anything." Allison snapped, and Elena bitterly asks. "How can you be so arrogant and glib after everything that you've done?"

"And how can you be so brave and stupid to call a vampire arrogant and glib?" Damon shoots back with a raised eyebrow, and Allison rolled her eyes. "It's because he has no humanity or personality, E."

"Oh, I have personality." He smirks, and Allison nodded and pointed. "Oh, that's right. You're an asshole that's selfish and only cares about himself." Damon looks at her amused, "I could break your pretty little neck just like that." he snapped his fingers.

"If you wanted me dead, I'd be dead." Allison deadpanned, and Damon nods. "Yes, you would."

"But I'm not."

"Yet."

"Just tell us where Stefan is." Elena cuts in, and Damon moves a bit to let them in. "He's upstairs singing in the rain in Spain. Knock yourself out."

Elena walks in as Damon heads outside, but Allison stopped and turned towards him, jogging over to him. "Damon, wait."

"Yes?" He turns to her, the cocky grin never leaving his lips, so Allison just gave him an annoyed look. "Are you ever going to unmark me?"

"Yeah." He shrugs, and Allison sighed in relief. "Okay, when?"

"Whenever I want, my little hunter." He smirks at her, and Allison groaned. "Seriously? Why did you have to even mark me in the first place?"

"Goodbye, Alli." Is what he responds with before using his vampire speed and disappearing. With another groan, the young brunette headed inside, seeing Elena talking to Stefan. "So, she's a vampire with issues? What am I supposed to do? Because I am lying to everyone that I care about. What's gonna happen to her?"

"I'll keep her here with me til I know that she's safe." Stefan reassured but then Vicki, who had came halfway down the steps, asks. "How long is that?"

"We can talk about that later." Stefan nods at her, and Elena turns towards the older girl. "Hey, Vicki, how are you?"

"How am I?" Vicki gives her an unimpressed look, "You're kidding right?"

"Hey, Vick." Allison spoke up with a slight wave and smile. "How's being a vamp treating you?"

Vicki smiles at her. It was no secret that those two managed to get along, and it also wasn't such a secret that she disliked Elena.

✘ ✘ ✘

Allison leaned against the locker next to Bonnie's, letting out a breath since she really didn't want to be at school, but then Bonnie shut her locker as a certain blonde headed over to them. "I've got your costumes." Caroline beams, handing Bonnie a bag and Alli a bag. Allison glanced at her suspiciously, before looking down and pulling out the costume, which was basically a slutty version of Red Riding Hood, but had a sword instead of a basket. 

"Seriously?" Allison looked back at her, unimpressed, and Bonnie had the same reaction when she pulled out the witch costume. "Seriously?"

"Ughh, come on." Caroline groans, leaning against the lockers since Alli had moved. "Can someone please be excited for this Halloween? I just wanna have fun. You know, just some silly, fluffy, Damon free, fun."

"Hey, isn't this the one you got from Damon?" Bonnie pulls out an older type necklace, which was an ugly yellowish colored necklace. But at the mention of Damon, Allison stood up straighter, the two suddenly getting her full attention. Caroline just shrugs, "Yup. Wear it, toss it- I don't care. I just want it gone." The blonde then stands up straighter, "Hey, have you seen Elena? Do we know what she's wearing?"

"I was at Grams all weekend. I haven't talked to her." Bonnie shrugs, so they both looked towards Allison. "Uh... yeah, I wasn't really paying attention. But I know she's with Stefan at the moment."

"Riding to his castle on his white horse." Caroline grumbles and Allison smiled. "Don't be bitter, it provokes wrinkles."

And as they headed to class, Allison decided to ditch and head down the hallway, pulling her phone out and calling Elena. "Shouldn't you be in class?"

"I'm supposed to be, yes." Allison answered, "Is everything okay over there?"

"Yeah, Stefan's just trying to teach Vicki how to be a vampire." Elena sighs, and Allison rolled her eyes. "I should be over there helping, not at school doing nothing. What if she does something?" He next words were sarcastic, but she was also still upset Elena sent her to school. "You guys should have the inexperienced hunter there to protect you."

"I think we'll be fine without a legendary banshee-hunter." Elena teases, before adding. "Besides, you need to be at school. You need to be normal."

Allison rolled her eyes again. "We both know that I'm anything but normal."

"Aren't you supposed to be in class?"

"Gotta go." Allison quickly hung up before turning towards the teacher who caught her. "Yeah, I was just heading there now actually."

✘ ✘ ✘

Allison headed into her house after her shift at the Grill ended, and she wasn't sure to be excited or not that now she had to get ready for the Halloween party at the school. She closed the door, before noticing Jeremy stopped by the stairs, intently texting someone. "Hey, Jere, who you talking to?"

"Matt." He quickly answered before racing up the stairs, causing Allison to roll her eyes. "Cause that's not suspicious at all."

"Alli?" She heard Elena's voice from the kitchen, and Allison headed towards her. "Yeah, E, it's me. Just wait until you see the costume Caroline got me."