Chapter 21: Goodbye Tyler

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

Allison left the Grill after her shift was over, and struggled to pull her jacket on over the black shirt she was wearing. The heels of her ankle boots clicked against the pavement as she shoved her phone into the back pocket of her blue jeans. But once she finally managed to pull the jacket on, the girl furrowed her eyebrows and cautiously looked around, getting the sense that she was being followed.

Even though she didn't see anyone, Allison quickened her pace until she reached her Jeep. But once the girl opened the door and shoved her bag into the passenger seat, someone yelling her name caused her to jump and whirl around. "Alli!"

"Jeez, Scotty." Allison breathed out, a hand over her chest as the boy caught up with her. "You scared me."

"Oh, uh, sorry." He apologized, shaking his head, but furrowed his eyebrows. "Is everything okay?"

"Oh, yeah." Allison forced a smile, letting out a breath. "Just a long week."

Scott nodded, but for some reason, he felt something off right now, though he didn't know why. For some reason, he found himself not wanting the girl to get in her vehicle, but not knowing why, he began stalling. "So, uh, have you gone to see Jacob yet? You know, since he broke his leg."

Allison didn't mean to, but she flinched as the memory of Rose breaking the boy's leg flashed in her mind. "Uh, actually, no. I- I haven't gotten a chance too. There's just been a lot going on... that I've had to deal with."

"Yeah, I- I kind of figured with how many times you've been calling into work sick." Scott nodded, since every time she didn't show up, he'd take the shift. And that also brought him to asking again, "Are you sure everything's alright?"

"I'm positive." She smiled, patting his arm. "Thanks, though. But, um, I should probably be heading home."

"Right, uh.." Scott nodded, but stayed as she got into her vehicle and started the Jeep. Allison rolled down her window, a confused smile on her lips. "Is everything okay?"

"I- I'm not sure." He answered honestly, but because she furrowed her eyebrows and actually looked concerned, he quickly forced a smile and nodded. "Everything's fine. It's nothing." He began backing up towards the sidewalk, giving her a slight wave. "I'll see you later."

"See you later." She nodded, though was still confused at his actions. Allison shrugged it off though and faced forward, beginning to drive away, but barely made it down the road before she hit a red light. Allison stopped her vehicle and rolled her eyes at the red light, but then jumped as someone covered her mouth from the backseat and shoved a needle into her arm. "I thought he'd never leave."

Allison barely managed to get a glimpse of Brady before everything went dark.

And down the sidewalk, where Scott had headed towards his bike, he couldn't shake the off feeling. The boy tried to shake it off, wondering why he had a bad feeling that Allison was in trouble. But just to make himself feel better, he glanced back at her Jeep, which made him stop in his tracks. Allison's Jeep was stopped at a red light, which wasn't unusual, until the light turned green and she still didn't move.