Chapter 24: Logan Fell Bites

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

"Did I miss something?" Elena asked, snapping Allison out of her thoughts which were just plagued with the dream she had last night. The younger brunette looked towards her sister before following her's and Bonnie's gaze over to where Caroline and Matt were hanging out. Bonnie shrugs, "They've been hanging out. She needs someone nice like him, as opposed to a homicidal vampire like Damon."

"Yeah, how are you doing with that?" Elena looked over to Bonnie, who answers honestly. "You know, I'm freaked out. Damon attacked me. I could be dead right now. But I'm also grateful to Stefan, he saved my life. Have you seen him?"

"Not since he told me he was leaving. For all I know, he's already gone." Elena says with a hint of bitterness in her voice as she shoves her things in her locker. But then Bonnie gives her a look, "He wouldn't leave without saying goodbye."

"Yes, he would." Elena shuts her locker. "He thinks he's protecting me. Clean break and all that."

"So, what're you gonna do?" Bonnie asked her, which Elena shrugs at. "What am I supposed to do? I already begged him not to go. If I asked again, I'm being selfish. It is what it is."

"Well, maybe it's for the best." Bonnie reassures, causing them all to stop walking as Elena asked. "What? Why?"

"What kind of a future could you have had with him? Even if he stayed." Bonnie questioned, and then some sign that a couple students were trying to hang up, fell down in front of them. Promise Our Future. Elena looks at Bonnie, "Did you just..?"

"No. I swear." Bonnie puts her hands up, and Elena lets out a sigh before walking off. Bonnie lets out a breath, turning towards Allison, who had been uncharacteristically quiet the entire morning. "Alli?"

"Hm? What- yeah?" Allison snapped out of her head, looking up at Bonnie, who was giving her a worried look. "Are you okay? I mean, you haven't really said a think, which is actually concerning me no matter how many times I do have to tell you to keep you mouth closed."

"Sorry, I've just had a lot on my mind." Allison said, giving her a small smile at the teasing joke. But Bonnie noticed that it was forced. "Hey, if you need to talk to me, I'm here. Since you guys finally told me what was going on, now I can help you."

"Thanks, Bon. I just haven't really been able to sleep recently." Allison sighed, finally deciding to tell someone. "Especially last night. I had a nightmare again."

"Aren't your dreams and nightmares of people dying?" Bonnie turned towards her younger friend, who sighed and nodded. "Yeah, usually."

"And aren't they always true?" Bonnie raised an eyebrow, to which Allison nodded again. "Yeah, but this one had someone in it that I know to be dead. Meaning I watched Damon kill him." Allison muttered the last part, thinking back when Damon killed Logan Fell.