Chapter 11: A Little Cheesy

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

"Okay, let's say that Mikael followed Elena here. He tried to grab her, so he could use her as bait." Stefan explains, and Elena gives him a look. "And you what? Vervained him?"

"No, we vervained him with the help of the little banshee. This guy is an Original, let's make it realistic." Damon states, and Allison nodded as she spoke. "Okay, so we vervained him, and in the process, discovered that he had a dagger."

"Which he planned to use on Rebekah, but instead..." Elena adds, and Stefan finishes. "We drove it through his heart."

"And what happens when he asks to see Mikael's body?" Allison decided to ask, causing Damon to point at her. "Good point!" He then looks at Stefan, "You, my brother, have been compelled to do what Klaus says. So, the idea is to lure him back here and kill him. Last thing we need is you getting tripped up and tongue-tied."

"Well, don't look at me. I am just in charge of getting him back here." Stefan shrugs, causing Allison to roll her eyes, speaking. "Klaus is smart, no matter how much I hate admitting that. If we tell him Mikael is dead, then he'll want proof."

"Then I shall be dead." Mikael catches their attention, making Allison step closer to Damon as she watched him carefully. Stefan and Elena walked closer to the Original vampire, who had something wrapped in a cloth, while Elena asked. "What if he wants to see you in person?"

"Well, it means our plan is working." Mikael smirks, "Klaus will absolutely want to see my body. You lure him here, and I will kill him."

"Okay." Allison spoke up, raising her hand a bit. "Am I the only one not hearing how you're going to do this? I mean, you keep saying that you're going to kill him, but you haven't mentioned how or with what."

"You doubt me?"

Allison crossed her arms over her chest, "Do you blame me?"

"Well," Mikael unfolds the cloth. "I am in possession of a stake that is fashioned from the wood of the ancient White Oak tree. The one that left these ashes when it burnt." Allison looked at the little bottle of ash, next to the familiar looking dagger.

"Where is it?" Damon questions, and Mikael looks up. "Not here. The knowing of it's location is my insurance policy."

"Against what?" Stefan gave him a look, and Mikael lifts up the dagger. "You leaving this in my heart. You see, a vampire can't dagger an Original without dying. So... it falls to you, little banshee."

"You want me to actually dagger you?" The young brunette questioned with furrowed eyebrows, and he nods. "Klaus will leave nothing to chance- especially when it comes to trust." The smirk on his face was almost sinister, when he adds. "And who else would he trust more than his linked little banshee?"

✘ ✘ ✘

"I hate everything in my closet." Elena whined, causing Allison to set down the journal she was reading and make her way out of her own room, and to her sister's room, as Elena groaned. "I have nothing to wear to homecoming."