Chapter 2: This Cannot Be Happening

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

"Come on, Als." The green eyed woman smiled at the 4-year-old girl, who smiled widely and jumped into her arms. The little girl giggled as the woman lifted her up, spinning her around with a laugh.

But then the woman freezes, before turning to see someone walking towards them. Putting the little girl down, she whispers in the girl's ear. "Go hide behind that tree and don't come out, okay, sweetie?"

"Okay, momma." The 4-year-old nodded before running to the trees and kneeling down, hiding in the meadow's long grass. Her wide hazel eyes were barely noticeable, along with her long dark brown hair in her hiding place. The little girl covered her hand over her smiling mouth, thinking this was just another game, but then the smile fell in confusion as she realized something. Her mother wasn't playing hide and seek... she didn't want someone to see the little girl.

"What are you doing here, Katherine?" The woman asked bitterly as the vampire walked up to her, the two looking similar. They had the same dark hair, olive skin, and similar features. The only difference was that Katherine had dark broken eyes and a sinister look to her's, while the mother had green eyes and a kind look in her's.

Katherine smirked at the brunette, before glancing behind her at the brown haired head that popped out behind the tree and barely showing above the tall grass. She then looked back at the woman, "Still playing house, Rosetta?"

"What do you want?" The mother, Rosetta, asked bitterly, glaring at the brunette, who shrugged and started walking around her. "Is it so hard to believe that I wanted to come see my little sister?"

"Yes, it is." Rosetta said bitterly, and Katherine rolled her eyes. "I just wanted to see how you and your miracle baby is doing. It's impossible for a vampire to have a kid, and yet, here you stand, and over there, your daughter." There was a pause before she added. "How about you have her come over here so I can... take a good look at my baby niece."

"You leave Allison along." Rosetta demanded, moving to block her older sister's view of the girl. "Leave me alone."

Katherine smiled. "Oh, I see how it is."

"Just go back to your Salvatores." Rosetta hardens her glare, before then cocks her head to the side. "Or are you here hiding from him?"

Katherine glared at her, before turning back towards the car she came from, but right before she got it, she looked back. "I'm here to warn you, little sister. Watch your back. You know he wants you just as much as he wants me."

Allison shot awake in her bed, breathing heavily as she closed her eyes, trying to catch her breath. Her mind was racing as she tried to comprehend what just happened. Her dreams were always real. So... was this a memory?