Chapter 36: Uncle John's Secrets

✘ ✘ ✘

 ✘ ✘ ✘

"Are you sure about this?" Allison looked at Elena, and as an answer, the older sister knocked on the door. Jeremy opened his bedroom door as Elena asked, "Do you have some time to talk?"

"Uh, yeah. Sure." He nods, and she quickly shakes her head. "Not here. Come on. Let's get out of the house."

A few minutes later and the three were walking down one of the rock beached on a nature walk behind their house that they used to always do with their parents. Elena and Allison had explained what they found out (the non-supernatural part), before they all walked in silence for a few moments until Jeremy spoke up, shaking his head. "I just can't believe mom and dad never to you two that you're adopted."

"I'm sure they would've eventually." Elena shrugged as Allison just kept her eyes locked on the ground, but then Jeremy asked. "Why were you two worried about what I thought?"

"Because... I don't know, it's weird. Going your whole life thinking you're related by blood to someone." Elena shakes her head, and Allison bit her bottom lip, as he looked down. "Does it bug you that we're not?"

"No. Jere, you're our brother. That's all that matters." She says and Allison smiled, looking up. "No matter what- it doesn't matter if we're technically not blood- you are both still my family. Elena, you're still our overprotective older sister. And Jeremy, you're still our dorky younger brother."

Jeremy and Elena both laugh, trying to fake being offended, but then Allison side hugs then both.

"So, Mr. Saltzman says you've been doing great in history now." Elena changes the subject, and Jeremy hesitates. "Yeah, yeah. He's really helping me out. He gave me some extra credit and stuff."

"He loved your vampire paper." She states, making both Allison and Elena share a look, neither of them having mentioned the incident a couple days ago. Jeremy nods, glancing at her. "He thought I had a clever angle."

"What drew you to that subject matter?"

"Uh, I don't know. Boredom." He shrugs, before adding. "Or maybe I'm just as nuts as the long line of Gilbert crazy."

"Gilberts aren't crazy." Elena scoffs, but then Jeremy laughs. "Easy for you to say, you're not one."

Allison's jaw drops as she laughs, "Ohhh." 

Elena laughs, "Ouch."

✘ ✘ ✘

Allison groaned as she walked into the Founders' Day 150 year anniversary party. Pulling at the hem of the tight black dress, she walked into the party and began looking around for anyone she could actually tolerate at the moment. She then walked over to the dancing crowd, seeing a confused and shocked Elena. "What happened?"